Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Science Forum

Science Forum

1. 14 Jul '14 23:30
    Does anyone know what is the best lotion or liquid to put on sun burn? I don't know if Banana Boat is best or some other kind. I guess, I need healing; and also I want moisturizing. Has anyone had good success with any particular name brand from Harris Teeter grocery store?
  2. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    15 Jul '14 00:07
    The Wikipedia article says aloe vera. It also suggests paracetamol (=acetaminophen) and several other standard pain killers (NSAIDs are logical) if it's causing pain.
  3. 15 Jul '14 01:10
    DeepThought
    Thanks for the information. I can try the acetaminophen. I guess the Banana Boat and the other one at HT Grocery has aloe.
  4. Standard member moonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    19 Jul '14 22:27
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Does anyone know what is the best lotion or liquid to put on sun burn? I don't know if Banana Boat is best or some other kind. I guess, I need healing; and also I want moisturizing. Has anyone had good success with any particular name brand from Harris Teeter grocery store?
    Aloe gel applied to the burned area, then eat lots of vitamin e (good for regenerating skin).
  5. 20 Jul '14 04:09
    Moonbus,
    Thanks for replying. I am using Banaba Boat lotion. I guess it has Aloe and Vitamin E. Also, I am using Neosporin for some blister areas.
  6. Standard member moonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    20 Jul '14 16:54
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Moonbus,
    Thanks for replying. I am using Banaba Boat lotion. I guess it has Aloe and Vitamin E. Also, I am using Neosporin for some blister areas.
    I know it's like closing the door after the pony has bolted, but apply sun screen first next time, ok? The long-term consequences of sunburn are much worse than the pain you are in now. I know; when I was kid growing up in sunny California, no one knew about the dangers of sunning & skin cancer (that was in the 1960s). Now I'm having 'tags' cut off my face every six months. Just call me "scarface."
  7. 20 Jul '14 23:18
    Also, Vitamin C helps greatly to reduce the inflammation