Biscuit query

Biscuit query

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MMM

Moves
25 Feb 08

If you hung a hob-nob and a digestive each on a piece of string, like conkers, and threw the digestive at the hob-nob at 6.7mph until one biscuit broke - which biscuit would break first?

a
AGW Hitman

http://xkcd.com/386/

Moves
25 Feb 08

Originally posted by Mad Mac MacMad
If you hung a hob-nob and a digestive each on a piece of string, like conkers, and threw the digestive at the hob-nob at 6.7mph until one biscuit broke - which biscuit would break first?
I don't know why you specified speeds, but my intuition (a dangerous thing) would say the digestive (assuming the meet face to face, if the digestive came edge on, it would be teh hob nob that broke).
Why? I think that the hob nobs more mixed textures would make it more able to withstand knocks compared to a digestive which tends to be ve very brittle due to its more homogenous texture.
But then, they're all just intuitions.

J

Cavan, Ireland

Moves
25 Feb 08

You know there' one way to find out...... and I'm not bothered to try - someone else can have the glory

MMM

Moves
25 Feb 08

Thankfully, neither Einstein or Newton took that attitude. Although, I'm sure the Japanese might have forgone the former's find

s

At the Revolution

Moves
27 Feb 08

Orange!

c
'Sir' to you

Osaka, Japan

Moves
28 Feb 08

Your question is too vague.

The piercing method is not explained. What is the string made of, and how thick is it? And how long? What knots is it tied with? If you pierced them and strung them, would you throw them or swing them like conkers?

Also, were the biscuits dunked or not? If dunked, you need to say what they were dunked in (eg. warm [39 degrees C] milky Tetley's tea without sugar) and for how long.

How long ago were the biscuits made, and how stale were they?

Based on the original question, my answer is that I'd have eaten them both before you got a chance to thread them and chuck them.

a

Meddling with things

Moves
07 May 08

Crumbs, a tricky one