1. weedhopper
    Moves
    15 May '08 14:35
    This barely fits the category. Suppose I want to block an rhp user--kinda like aol, where you can read everyone else in the group's responses, but the offender's remarks do not appear. Is there any way to do that?
  2. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    15 May '08 14:51
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    This barely fits the category. Suppose I want to block an rhp user--kinda like aol, where you can read everyone else in the group's responses, but the offender's remarks do not appear. Is there any way to do that?
    This belongs in the help or site ideas forum.

In any case, as far as I know there isn't any way to do that in this forum. In other forums I have seen they have an ignore list. I suppose they could add that option to the current ignore list functionality at this site.
  3. weedhopper
    Moves
    15 May '08 16:14
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    This belongs in the help or site ideas forum.

In any case, as far as I know there isn't any way to do that in this forum. In other forums I have seen they have an ignore list. I suppose they could add that option to the current ignore list functionality at this site.
    Thank you--I went to "help" and inquired. We shall see.
    What is "the current ignore list functionality"?
  4. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    15 May '08 16:25
    Thank you--I went to "help" and inquired. We shall see.
    What is "the current ignore list functionality"?
    I think the current ignore list only prevents people from challenging you to games or sending you private messages.
  5. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    16 May '08 12:36
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    I think the current ignore list only prevents people from challenging you to games or sending you private messages.
    Personally, I don't think this will be as useful as you may be expecting.

Yes, you would block the offenders mesages, but you would still get evryone else's replies to their messages, with the offending messages quoted in the reply.

--- Penguin.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 May '08 13:071 edit
    Originally posted by Penguin

Yes, you would block the offenders mesages, but you would still get evryone else's replies to their messages, with the offending messages quoted in the reply.

--- Penguin.
    A clever greasemonkey script could remove all posts from a given offender and even all posts with replies to said offender. But you still might loose track of the conversation and in doing so possibly end up offending others who will in turn block you. Before long we will have threads with multiple different conversations going on between people who are blissfully unaware of some of the other conversations within the same thread.
  7. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    16 May '08 13:16

--- Penguin.
    Well, I'm not the one suggesting it.

I have seen other forums that have implemented it though and there have been very specific cases where it has been useful, although rare ones at that.
  8. weedhopper
    Moves
    16 May '08 15:17

--- Penguin.
    Couldn't there be a way to automatically block all posts AND reposts of the same author? Like, somehow search for the offender's username and everywhere it is found on every forum, "blank it out" on my screen? This would block both the vermin's comments AND their quoted replies. I don't know squat about these infernal machines and less about programming, so I may be asking for something that can't be done.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 May '08 10:21
    Couldn't there be a way to automatically block all posts AND reposts of the same author? Like, somehow search for the offender's username and everywhere it is found on every forum, "blank it out" on my screen? This would block both the vermin's comments AND their quoted replies. I don't know squat about these infernal machines and less about programming, so I may be asking for something that can't be done.
    My, you DO carry a grudge don't you. I have to admit, I made a mistake in thinking you blindly following the creationist creed. Sorry about that.
  10. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    20 May '08 16:38
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    My, you DO carry a grudge don't you. I have to admit, I made a mistake in thinking you blindly following the creationist creed. Sorry about that.

Well, that still wouldn't catch the text from you that I quoted above.

TWhitehead has suggested a mechanism that would 'work' but has also pointed out its side effects.

I'd just like to know who has wound you up so much.

--- Penguin.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 May '08 18:05
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    In the Science Forum there should be a autobot that blocks every posting with spiritual ideas. Perhaps automoved to the Spiritual Forum so the thread can continue there, totally transparent to the user.
  12. weedhopper
    Moves
    22 May '08 16:391 edit

I'd just like to know who has wound you up so much.

--- Penguin.[/b]
    Just a few bullying Neandertals who are so uncivilized that they mess up my karma.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 May '08 10:23
    Just a few bullying Neandertals who are so uncivilized that they mess up my karma.
    Well your Karma just ran over my Dogma.....
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 May '08 10:51
    What has User 28134 done?
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 May '08 12:31
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    What has User 28134 done?
    Nothing apparently. He has made 5 moves in 2023 days.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree