1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    22 Feb '17 11:481 edit
    http://www.sciencealert.com/one-of-the-biggest-myths-about-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-just-got-destroyed

    Not psycholological after all, but a real condition, directly related to a 'faulty receptor in immune cells' according to this article.

    Over 180 million people world wide have this condition, now maybe they can figure out a treatment, which of course will take years if not decades.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    22 Feb '17 19:182 edits
    My wife uses these to control hers

    Ribose hourly doses if she is at work, Rhodiola, Coq10, high doses of vitamin D, and L-Lysine.

    Try reading fatigued to fantastic for work done on the subject.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    22 Feb '17 20:06
    Originally posted by Eladar
    My wife uses these to control hers

    Ribose hourly doses if she is at work, Rhodiola, Coq10, high doses of vitamin D, and L-Lysine.

    Try reading fatigued to fantastic for work done on the subject.
    I think my wife may have it too. Been in hospital 5 times in last year for some fairly major surgery. Very weak right now. Of course this work may lead to treatments but I imagine not for 5 years or more.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    23 Feb '17 00:11
    I definitely suggest buying fatigued to fantastic by dr. Tietlebaum.

    If she has epstien bar virous then l lysine helps.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    23 Feb '17 00:35
    L-Lysine helps keep Epstien-Barr Virus dormant.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    23 Feb '17 01:13
    Originally posted by Eladar
    L-Lysine helps keep Epstien-Barr Virus dormant.
    She has fibromyalgia, a bit different.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    23 Feb '17 01:553 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    She has fibromyalgia, a bit different.
    People with fibromyalgia can also have Epstien-Barr virus.

    L-Lysine is just a protien that is good for the skin, but also helps with Epstien-Barr.

    The book deals with fibromyalgia as well.

    https://www.amazon.com/Fatigued-Fantastic-Jacob-Teitelbaum-M-D/dp/1583332898

    L-theanine helped my wife to sleep longer, melatonin helps to fall asleep. She usually takes both before going to bed.

    Ribose is the real energy pump. It is a 5 carbon sugar that does not effect blood sugar, which is glucose, a 6 carton sugar. Jarrow is the brand my wife finds most useful. Ribose is the base for atp.

    Fibro and chronic fatigue are pretty much the same thing. Fibro just adds pain, the lack of energy with being tired but never able to sleep are the same.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    23 Feb '17 08:41
    Originally posted by Eladar
    People with fibromyalgia can also have Epstien-Barr virus.

    L-Lysine is just a protien that is good for the skin, but also helps with Epstien-Barr.

    The book deals with fibromyalgia as well.

    https://www.amazon.com/Fatigued-Fantastic-Jacob-Teitelbaum-M-D/dp/1583332898

    L-theanine helped my wife to sleep longer, melatonin helps to fall asleep. Sh ...[text shortened]... Fibro just adds pain, the lack of energy with being tired but never able to sleep are the same.
    With my wife, the fibro is really weird, she gets what feels like little boils under her skin, like little knots of cramped muscles. If I use something like rolfing to massage them, they get better for a while but it is painful for her to undergo such treatment. So I am left with just rubbing massages which also helps temporarily.

    I'll look at those things you brought up, she has sleep issues also, we use melatonin which has been way over sold in pharmacies, a major study was done by MIT about it and they found the human body produces maybe 200 to 300 micrograms of the stuff, a powerful hormone. That is with healthy adults. But the pharm industry sells not 300 micrograms but thousands and thousands of microgram pills which short circuits the effects of a human dose. I just saw the other day, what used to be one and 3 and 5 milligram tabs now those idiots are selling TEN milligram tabs. Ten THOUSAND micrograms. What a cynical bunch of bastards they are to be pushing that kind of dose on unsuspecting people. I have to go online to find the proper dose, they sell like 350 micrgram tabs and even that may be too much. I started cutting them in two, thinking that even someone with the medical problems of my wife, the body would still be making SOME melatonin so taking even 300 micrograms may upset the natural balance so I have taken to cutting the pills in half, like maybe now 180 micrograms or so. I am trying to find the right dose to actually help with sleep problems. Me, I can go to sleep in ten minutes standing upright in a closet.....
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    23 Feb '17 17:39
    Remember the L-Theanine, it helps to stay asleep and not wake up. Of course if it is the pain keeping her up, then that won't help. It does help you calm down too, so that is a good side effect.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    23 Feb '17 18:08
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Remember the L-Theanine, it helps to stay asleep and not wake up. Of course if it is the pain keeping her up, then that won't help. It does help you calm down too, so that is a good side effect.
    What dose does she take? I know the cynical pharm totally overloads melatonin to ridiculous levels, milligrams when we need micrograms, and I see the ads for the L but they have 200 mg and 500 mg I saw on my first foray into it online. So what is your wife's preferred dose and has she experimented with different doses? Do you take it?
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    24 Feb '17 22:44
    This is the wife. I take Melatonin only when I have begun having trouble falling asleep. Take a few nights in a row and then stop.

    L-Theanine I take every night with few exceptions. Missing several days allows back the frequent waking for me. I started with the smallest dose I could find and slowly worked my way up from there. When I cut back, I begin waking often every night again. Husband thinks my dose is 600mg nightly.

    D-Ribose, L-Theanine, and CoQ10 are my never-miss-meds. They were game changers for me and allowed me to go back to teaching school after 18 years of disability.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    24 Feb '17 22:57
    Wife still. The thing is, each person's body is different. We each have our own puzzle with different pieces to that puzzle. What works for me may not work for your wife. I found my puzzle pieces through trial and error. Some of Dr. Teitelbaum's suggestions were right on. Some had no effect. I STRONGLY recommend getting "From Fatigued to Fantastic". STRONGLY!!

    Husband wanted me to tell you my daily Vitamin D requirements. Mind you, I have it tested twice a year to be sure. If I take less than 25,000 IU daily (spread over 3 doses), my levels drop. Daily recommended does me no good at all.

    D-Ribose daily amount is around one gram hourly to keep away the feeling that I'm wearing a lead suit and walking through deep mud.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    25 Feb '17 21:241 edit
    She actually does 2 grams of ribose each hour, which is one scoop.

    It is 600 grams of L-Theanine each night.

    She does the 10 mg of melatonin. If she takes it too many nights it gives her terrible dreams.

    I will take rhodiola and vitamin d to improve mood. I don't like the cost, so don't do it much.
  14. Standard memberSoothfast
    0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,
    Planet Rain
    Joined
    04 Mar '04
    Moves
    2441
    26 Feb '17 06:43
    Originally posted by Eladar
    This is the wife. I take Melatonin only when I have begun having trouble falling asleep. Take a few nights in a row and then stop.

    L-Theanine I take every night with few exceptions. Missing several days allows back the frequent waking for me. I started with the smallest dose I could find and slowly worked my way up from there. When I cut back, I begin waki ...[text shortened]... game changers for me and allowed me to go back to teaching school after 18 years of disability.
    Make sure you're using a brand of melatonin that has the advertised dosage. That goes generally for all over-the-counter medications and supplements:

    http://www.consumerreports.org/melatonin/study-questions-ingredient-levels-some-melatonin-supplements/
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    26 Feb '17 14:34
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Make sure you're using a brand of melatonin that has the advertised dosage. That goes generally for all over-the-counter medications and supplements:

    http://www.consumerreports.org/melatonin/study-questions-ingredient-levels-some-melatonin-supplements/
    We try to buy brands we know work for her. Rarely are we forced to try new stuff.
Back to Top