1. Aylesbury
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 20:591 edit
    England has experienced the coldest week in late July for a very long time.

Daytime temperatures dropped to aroung 12c, at least 5 degrees below normal.

"This is clear evidence of man made Global Warming", said a top scientist.

Proof enough, I'd say. 😀
  2. Germany
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 05:59
    Which "top scientist" said that?
  3. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 06:21
    Originally posted by Duncan Clarke
    England has experienced the coldest week in late July for a very long time.

Proof enough, I'd say. 😀
    As an isolated event, it cannot be considered evidence for global warming specifically, or even climate change in general. It is however expected that when the global climate warms, we should experience regional changes where the temperature drops. So taken as part of a global dataset that span over many years, it can in fact be part of the evidence for global warming. In other words, it can be part of collaborative evidence. Does that make sense to you? If not, why not?
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 07:2510 edits
    [b]England has experienced the coldest week in late July for a very long time.

Proof enough, I'd say. :
    Me being in England, I am well aware that it has been unseasonably cold here but it has NOT been unseasonably cold in most other places in the world; if anything, quite the opposite in fact.
    I and everyone else that has actually bothered to look at the statistics for the OVERALL AVERAGE GLOBAL temperature this year (this year so far) have noticed that the temperature is, so far, HIGHER than what it was last year AND higher than it has been for several years. Obviously, some places the temperature increased and others it decreased. But the GLOBAL AVERAGE was still UP.

speaking of year 2015:
    https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/201505
    "..The average global temperature across land surfaces was 1.28°C (2.30°F) above the 20th century average of 11.1°C (52.0°F), tying with 2012 as the highest May temperature on record. .."

Not that it would mean anything for global warming if the global average temperature this year was lower rather than higher than last year. Nobody CLAMS/believes that global warming implies a perfect steady temperature increase without temperatures fluctuations making temperatures occasionally temporarily going down as well as up so your straw man couldn't be much more ineffective.
    The temperature will inevitably occasionally go temporarily down and then up, but the longer term trend is still simply up.
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 08:03
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Which "top scientist" said that?
    I think we both know he obviously lied. NO "top scientist" would ever credibly say such a thing. It would be completely absurd for any intelligent qualified self-respected "top scientist" to conform to the completely unintelligent stupid straw man in the OP.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 08:26
    Rather odd that a Google search of that exact quote gives zero results.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 15:29
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Rather odd that a Google search of that exact quote gives zero results.
    Duncan is just saying he is a climate denier.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree