1. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 02:07
    Whoa.

http://www.transcend.ws/has-james-gates-discovered-computer-code-in-string-theory-equations-welcome-to-the-matrix/
  2. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 04:12
    I remember watching ants work, and thinking of them as bits, ones and zeros. I was stoned.

That fluff article was stoned.
  3. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 04:27
    Originally posted by apathist
    I remember watching ants work, and thinking of them as bits, ones and zeros. I was stoned.

That fluff article was stoned.
    You're as solid a contributor as RHP's got, you know that? What the hell would we do without your genius?
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 05:14
    You decided you don't like me, so you'll insult everyone else? I'm okay with that.
  5. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 04:331 edit
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Whoa.

http://www.transcend.ws/has-james-gates-discovered-computer-code-in-string-theory-equations-welcome-to-the-matrix/
    Computer code is a human invention, and so too is string theory. Just on account of that we might expect some similarities between them. And then we have to consider that there is no definitive experimental evidence to suggest that string theory has anything more to do with the physical universe than many other competing theories.

However if string theory proves correct, what are the implications? Just this: computer code is structured, and so too is the universe; and so, we could expect some commonality between the two structures. We already see many mathematical constructs manifesting themselves in nature: the Fibonacci numbers, the Fibonacci spiral, the Golden Ratio, as well as pi and the number e. Go figure: mathematics is also structured like computer code and the universe. In fact I'd say the latter two are grounded on the former, as are all things.
  6. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 10:41
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Go figure: mathematics is also structured like computer code and the universe. In fact I'd say the latter two are grounded on the former, as are all things.
    I'd say the former two are grounded on the latter. No universe results in no clever critters to produce mathematics or computer code.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree