Conservapidia: Down with Relativity!

Conservapidia: Down with Relativity!

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
12 Aug 10

Not content to attack Darwin and Evolution, creationists are now attacking Einstein. I guess because he is Jewish.

http://conservapedia.com/Main_Page

Nut cases will live on forever it seems.

m

Moves
13 Aug 10
1 edit

"The theory of relativity is a mathematical system that allows no exceptions. It is heavily promoted by liberals who like its encouragement of relativism and its tendency to mislead people in how they view the world."

That is hilariously ignorant.

So, basically, their problem with relativity is that it sounds similar to another word with a different meaning that they don't like.

r
the walrus

an English garden

Moves
22 Aug 10

http://conservapedia.com/Biblical_scientific_foreknowledge

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
22 Aug 10

Originally posted by randolph
http://conservapedia.com/Biblical_scientific_foreknowledge
It was common thought throughout history that infections and illness resulted from the digestive system, based on unclean hands or food. Jesus rejected that view, and declared hand-washing before meals to be typically unnecessary. It took many centuries before science caught up to the Bible on this.

😛

P
Bananarama

False berry

Moves
23 Aug 10

This has to be one of the strangest arguments I've ever read regarding abiogenesis. I wonder what KellyJay would have to say about this?

Feasibility of Abiogenesis

Although scientists dismissed ideas involving abiogenesis, or the process from which life emerges from nothing, as nothing more than archaic beliefs in spontaneous generation, the Bible very clearly depicts an occurrence of this phenomenon, for beginning in Genesis 1:20, God creates life from nothing. It was not until the early 20th century that science finally began to accept the viability of abiogenesis, a view that the Bible had held for almost 2000 years.

Conservapedia.com is teh lulz!! 😵

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 Aug 10

Originally posted by PBE6
This has to be one of the strangest arguments I've ever read regarding abiogenesis. I wonder what KellyJay would have to say about this?

[b]Feasibility of Abiogenesis

Although scientists dismissed ideas involving abiogenesis, or the process from which life emerges from nothing, as nothing more than archaic beliefs in spontaneous generation, th ...[text shortened]... ew that the Bible had held for almost 2000 years.

Conservapedia.com is teh lulz!! 😵[/b]
Well now you know it has to be true😉

m

Moves
25 Aug 10

Interesting that they're treating the Bible like a tabloid sports page.

For those not so familiar, the approach is this. Fill your publication with lots of random speculation. Then, when something turns out to be vaguely true (which is bound to happen at some point) loudly proclaim "WE TOLD YOU FIRST". Conveniently forget everything that turns out to be wrong.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Aug 10

Conservapedia.com is the most concentrated collection of ignorance on the entire web.

'Nuf said.

s

Moves
09 Sep 10

Originally posted by Suzianne
Conservapedia.com is the most concentrated collection of ignorance on the entire web.

'Nuf said.
I considered Wikipedia to be unforgivably ignorantly liberal-biased. (and it is)

But when I took a gander at Conservapedia.. let's just say it was fairly easy to choose the lesser of two evils.

I specifically remember their stance on Relativity from years ago and the frigid embarrassment I felt for anyone who could take that nonsense seriously.

T

ALG

Moves
03 Oct 10

''The second chapter of the Gospel of John describes the conversion of water into wine by Jesus at a wedding reception. John 2:9 states: "When the host of the wedding feast tasted the water, it had been made into wine." This passage implies that the drink was not wine until it had been tasted, or observed. Possibly, the drink was a superposition of the state of wine and the state of water until it was observed as wine. ''

😛