1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    02 Apr '12 04:391 edit
    So this is the name of the science of zoology for Nessie and Bigfoot. 😕
    They have evidence of both but it is out of focus and dark. You can't see them until you enlarge, slow down and still frame it, then draw an outline of a bush or a wake to look humanoid or serpentine.
    My take.
  2. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '12 13:38
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    They have evidence of both but it is out of focus and dark. You can't see them until you enlarge, slow down and still frame it, then draw an outline of a bush or a wake to look humanoid or serpentine.
    My take.
    It's mainly pareidolia (http://www.skepdic.com/pareidol.html), confirmation bias (http://www.sciencedaily.com/articles/c/confirmation_bias.htm) and wishful thinking.

All very interesting aspects of psychology in their own right.

--- Penguin
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Apr '12 19:13
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    My take.
    One argument against bigfoot is biologically there couldn't just be one, there would have to be a significant number of them if they were to survive to present day. There wouldn't be a loner running around, say, as the last living specimen. There would have to have been hundreds of last living specimens to account for all the 'sightings' in the past few hundred years. If there were a living population, they couldn't hide out from us for very long, what with google earth, satellite photo's good enough to read licence plates and such, not to mention just people plodding along in the mountains by the millions.
  4. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    03 Apr '12 10:10
    bigfoot was a hoax it was on the news years ago
  5. Joined
    04 May '11
    Moves
    03 Apr '12 18:15
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    One argument against bigfoot is biologically there couldn't just be one, there would have to be a significant number of them if they were to survive to present day. There wouldn't be a loner running around, say, as the last living specimen. There would have to have been hundreds of last living specimens to account for all the 'sightings' in the past few hun ...[text shortened]... ates and such, not to mention just people plodding along in the mountains by the millions.
    I'm not claiming that bigfoot exists, but there probably isn't any project that would have taken sharp images of every square kilometer of the entire area. Google earth only has sharp images of cities, for example. Also, while there are lots of people visiting the Himalayas, quite a few also claim to have seen yeti.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    03 Apr '12 18:52
    I saw a yeti on a commercial for Shaun White chewing gum.
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 19:47
    Originally posted by Vartiovuori
    I'm not claiming that bigfoot exists, but there probably isn't any project that would have taken sharp images of every square kilometer of the entire area. Google earth only has sharp images of cities, for example. Also, while there are lots of people visiting the Himalayas, quite a few also claim to have seen yeti.
    Yeah, but then, thousands of people have also claimed to have been intimately assaulted by ghosts or aliens. Or both. When it comes to outlandish claims, "eyewitness" accounts by random passers-by don't cut it any more. They did for Physiologus, which is why the bestiaries contained bonnacons and people with their faces on their bellies.

I'll believe the yeti exists when I can pet one.

Richard
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 01:35
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Yeah, but then, thousands of people have also claimed to have been intimately assaulted by ghosts or aliens. Or both. When it comes to outlandish claims, "eyewitness" accounts by random passers-by don't cut it any more. They did for Physiologus, which is why the bestiaries contained bonnacons and people with their faces on their bellies.

I'll believe the yeti exists when I can pet one.

Richard
    I agree Richard. But I am convinced of the existence of The Lizard People. 🙂
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Apr '12 01:17
    We once had a Lizard King. He said he could do anything.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree