1. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    20 Jul '15 20:501 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Why are you still arguing with this idiot?

All you are doing is flooding thread after thread with moronic arguments because 'metal for brain' is incapable of rational argument and you know that.

Hell I would say even RJHinds is easier to deal with than him.
    Yes, but we certainly know what position Metal Brain has taken: in bed with Big Oil, belly down, wearing handcuffs and a gag ball.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 00:41
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I just came across this article:
    http://mybroadband.co.za/news/energy/132476-south-africas-wind-and-solar-power-busts-major-renewable-energy-myth.html
    which states that:
    "wind and solar power cheaper than new fossil fuel generation here in South Africa, "
    The statement was made by the CEO of a renewable energy company so is probably biased, but its interesting nonetheless.
    Denmark is not a good country for solar. If South Africa is so well suited for both then they should phase out coal, but coal is very cheap and I doubt solar and wind can compete in reality. Japan has had limited fossil fuels for a long time and that is why they turned to nuclear. After Fukishima I am curious to see how much wind and solar they will move to. If any country has motivation to turn to renewables it is Japan. Time will tell.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 00:54
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Yes, but we certainly know what position Metal Brain has taken: in bed with Big Oil, belly down, wearing handcuffs and a gag ball.
    So you are claiming I am part of an elaborate conspiracy to suppress renewable technologies? I am not employed by any energy companies and own no stock shares in them. Funny you should bring up big oil though. Exxonmobile is not funding any climate skeptics. They are funding the other side and openly say they want a carbon tax and the Rockefellers fund Greenpeace to bring awareness to climate change. You have it all backwards.
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 06:5614 edits
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    I have come to a conclusion along vaguely similar lines but without the visually grotesque analogy although a visually grotesque analogy might be appropriate here.

He obviously is not part of a conspiracy (his stupid stew man ) because he is so obviously a complete moron and a nobody, that I would guess even the heads of big oil, excluding the few if any that are completely stupid, would want to distance themselves from him and wouldn't want to be in communication with him even privately although he may be under the arrogant delusion that they would (or even do!? ) all give him credibility.

But he obviously still has chosen to champion big oil and, via indifference for others and absence of compassion, screw the consequences, ESPECIALLY the long term consequences, for the rest of humanity. He obviously just couldn't care a less what happens to our children's children long after he is dead (while I, any many of us here, do ).
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 12:39
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    ....for Denmark. Do you seriously believe all countries have that kind of wind potential?
    other countries have solar power
  6. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 13:13
    Originally posted by humy
    I...(while I, any many of us here, do ).
    misprint; "any" should be "and"
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 13:46
    Originally posted by humy
    I have come to a conclusion along vaguely similar lines but without the visually grotesque analogy although a visually grotesque analogy might be appropriate here.

He obviously is not part of a conspiracy (his stupid stew man ) because he is so obviously a complete moron and a nobody, that I would guess even the heads of big oil, excluding the few if any th ...[text shortened]... at happens to our children's children long after he is dead (while I, any many of us here, do ).
    Your government helped mine invade an oil rich country. They are still bombing Iraq so they can control it despite the massive cost of that control. Do you honestly think they would do that if renewables could compete with fossil fuels?

You have no common sense. You are hopeless!
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 13:51
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    Sure, countries closer to the equator and mostly with desert where few clouds block the sun.
  9. Germany
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 14:04
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    You haven't been up north much, have you?
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 14:26
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    You haven't been up north much, have you?
    A month ago I was up and above the polar circle. I saw the sun 24 hours a day.
    During the summer, they don't have lack of sunlight.
  11. Germany
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 14:28
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    A month ago I was up and above the polar circle. I saw the sun 24 hours a day.
    During the summer, they don't have lack of sunlight.
    Good thing they don't need electricity during the winter.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 15:111 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Good thing they don't need electricity during the winter.
    Yes they do, they certainly do. 35 centigrades below and dark 24 hours a day. Yes, they do. 🙂
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 15:22
    Happily those in the far north where you get less sunlight tend to get much more
    rain [hydro power] and wind to make up for it. [as well as options for geothermal,
    potentially tidal and wave, possibly some bio-energy, and nuclear]

Between all of those generating enough power is not actually that hard, and it is
    constantly getting cheaper. And already cheaper than fossil fuels without taking
    into account the massive costs to society that burning those fuels cause due to
    health effects and climate change.

This is not a technical problem, although technical advances continue to make it
    a better option.

The problems are all political, and time... We are running out, have run out, of time.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 16:32
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Yes they do, they certainly do. 35 centigrades below and dark 24 hours a day. Yes, they do. 🙂
    Aw shucks, there goes the plan for a solar powered Lapland.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 16:33
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Happily those in the far north where you get less sunlight tend to get much more
    rain [hydro power] and wind to make up for it. [as well as options for geothermal,
    potentially tidal and wave, possibly some bio-energy, and nuclear]

Between all of those generating enough power is not actually that hard, and it is
    constantly getting cheaper. And al ...[text shortened]... ption.

The problems are all political, and time... We are running out, have run out, of time.
    For hydro power you need that rain to fall down from something.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree