1. Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '09 02:17
    From FoxNews...

An Apollo 14 astronaut told a group of UFOlogists Monday that aliens are not a myth and called on the government to disclose its findings, The Washington Times reported.

"It is now time to put away this embargo of truth about the alien presence," Edgar D. Mitchell, who made the longest moonwalk in history, told those attending a conference in Gaithersburg, Md., set up by the Paradigm Research Group.

"I call upon our government to open up ... and become a part of this planetary community that is now trying to take our proper role as a spacefaring civilization," the 79-year-old added. "We are being visited."

Paradigm Research Group founder Stephen Bassett backed Mitchell's theory and demanded that President Obama's administration release all information concerning extraterrestrial beings.

"If it does not disclose, by the end of May — this is not a threat or anything, you don't threaten the United States government, they're heavily armed ... the PRG has an enormous and substantial network, and quite a bit of documentary evidence connected to this, particularly politically ... and we are going to be extensively putting that out to the media, and we're just going to make it as difficult on them as possible," Bassett told the newspaper.
  2. Joined
    12 May '07
    Moves
    04 May '09 20:30
    I think the government has good reason to hide these facts,(assuming, of course, they exist) from the civilian population.

There are those smart enough to figure the odds of having many millions of planets and only one with intelligent life form in it. If they knew this information, they would react quite calm, and maybe curious.

Now, the other 99.99% of the population will begin a mass hysteria.

So, if I were the government, I too would hide anything UFO related from the public.
  3. Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 May '09 23:50
    I agree.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 May '09 04:51
    Originally posted by dannyUchiha
    Now, the other 99.99% of the population will begin a mass hysteria.
    Nonsense. A large proportion of the population is simply not given to mass hysteria and many of those who are already believe there are aliens - and they are still not reacting with mass hysteria.

I also believe that if the Paradigm Research Group has evidence they should produce it without threatening the government to produce theirs first. To me that sounds like they do not have sufficiently convincing evidence.
    The use of an astronaut as spokesman is unconvincing if he provides no actual evidence. He doesn't say he actually saw aliens in space.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree