1. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 18:43
    I recently viewed a documentary on this Core #7 found in Egypt by Petrie. It seems that todays engineers have no explanation for how ancient Egypt could have produced this core 4,000 years ago, and they all view this item as remarkable because it's made of granite, and would have required an advanced drill to produce that core. Does anyone on this forum have an opinion regarding how they may have done it?

#### I am not a scientist or an engineer, so I will likely do more reading than posting on this thread if anyone contributes.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 20:02
    Originally posted by chaney3
    I recently viewed a documentary on this Core #7 found in Egypt by Petrie. It seems that todays engineers have no explanation for how ancient Egypt could have produced this core 4,000 years ago, and they all view this item as remarkable because it's made of granite, and would have required an advanced drill to produce that core. Does anyone on this forum have ...[text shortened]... an engineer, so I will likely do more reading than posting on this thread if anyone contributes.
    http://vixra.org/pdf/1503.0182v1.pdf

When a tv 'documentary' claims that 'todays engineers' don't know something they typically are just making it up, not having actually consulted an engineer.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 20:16
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    http://vixra.org/pdf/1503.0182v1.pdf

When a tv 'documentary' claims that 'todays engineers' don't know something they typically are just making it up, not having actually consulted an engineer.
    Well, 'engineers' were interviewed, along with 'drilling experts' and historians. All were amazed at Core #7, which is what interests me. Whether they all lied or not in this 'documentary' is irrelevant because this core doesn't seem easily explained.

Do you have an opinion on core #7? Or no.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 21:17
    ...because this core doesn't seem easily explained.

Do you have an opinion on core #7? Or no.
    Did you read the link I provided or no?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 01:57
    Did you read the link I provided or no?
    I will read the link provided, but it's not really the point. I can google or see what the internet may say about this core #7, but I was interested in the opinions of contributors to this site.

Also, your added opinion of what tv documentaries provide regarding the truth about the 'experts' interviewed is a bit shallow, because you don't have a clue who they spoke to.

Core #7 exists, and 'most' don't have any idea how.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 08:37
    Also, your added opinion of what tv documentaries provide regarding the truth about the 'experts' interviewed is a bit shallow, because you don't have a clue who they spoke to.
    Without access to the documentary, it is practically impossible to discuss it. You haven't even said what the documentary was called.
    My comments regarding documentaries is not 'shallow'. I have watched many many documentaries and read a lot of 'science reporting' and am currently in the journalism trade. I know what happens in journalism just to get a fancy headline or to make things sound exciting.

It is not unusual when looking at historical artefacts to not know how they were made. It is another thing altogether to claim that the people who made it had some very special technology.

Core #7 exists, and 'most' don't have any idea how
    Most, have never heard of it.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 11:241 edit
    Without access to the documentary, it is practically impossible to discuss it. You haven't even said what the documentary was called.
    My comments regarding documentaries is not 'shallow'. I have watched many many documentaries and read a lot of 'science reporting' and am currently in the journalism trade. I know what happens in journalism just to get a f ...[text shortened]... ogy.

[b]Core #7 exists, and 'most' don't have any idea how

Most, have never heard of it.[/b]
    Obviously, it proves the existence of aliens, right?

Seriously, there are many examples of drilling and sawing in ancient Egypt.

The leading theory as to how they did it was just sand and water and a sliding motion of a cutter which doesn't have to be anything stronger than copper or bronze, the sand does the cutting. The cutting tool does not even have to have teeth since it is the sand that does the cutting.

No big mystery at all.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 11:311 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Obviously, it proves the existence of aliens, right?
    99% of all news stories with 'aliens' in the headline end up saying that aliens have nothing to do with it but that some nutcase speculated that aliens might be involved. Why are the nutcase's wild speculations even reported on? Because it makes for a 'click bait' headline. The sad thing about modern journalism is that it results in wild speculations generally taking precedence over sensible thought - because that is what sells.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 12:30
    99% of all news stories with 'aliens' in the headline end up saying that aliens have nothing to do with it but that some nutcase speculated that aliens might be involved. Why are the nutcase's wild speculations even reported on? Because it makes for a 'click bait' headline. The sad thing about modern journalism is that it results in wild speculations generally taking precedence over sensible thought - because that is what sells.
    For sure. I just saw a commercial about some new tech product touted by the dude with crazy hair who runs 'Ancient Aliens'. Craziness going mainstream.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 14:31
    Guys....I never said anything about aliens, you did.

Sand, water and copper could not have produced core #7. Copper saws cannot cut through granite.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 14:43
    By the way, cutting and drilling are obviously two different things. We are not talking about 2 guys spending months to cut a flat piece of granite using copper saws with sand and water.

This is a drilling core, which today needs a high power drill with a diamond cutter to drill a core such as the one found by Petrie.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 14:56
    By the way, cutting and drilling are obviously two different things. We are not talking about 2 guys spending months to cut a flat piece of granite using copper saws with sand and water.

This is a drilling core, which today needs a high power drill with a diamond cutter to drill a core such as the one found by Petrie.
    Experiments reproducing the sand and bronze showed the technique worked fine and didn't even take that long. There are examples of multiple blades cutting through rock the same way but with 6 or 8 slices at once where they were making patina type thin blocks for exterior walls. It's no big deal bronze and sand does a good job, don't need diamond tips. Of course it's going to be slower than a diamond drill but that is one thing the ancients had, lots of time and lots of people doing the cutting/drilling.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree