1. silicon valley
    Moves
    25 Mar '10 17:16
    given that we have an unemployment problem in the US, and China is becoming increasingly diabetic, maybe the answer is to reduce the workweek and enforce mandatory siestas.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100324/ap_on_he_me/as_med_china_diabetes_epidemic;_ylt=AuEFVOEatWoSfS45l2HulE6s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTFkdWRkYzFyBHBvcwMxNTAEc2VjA2FjY29yZGlvbl9oZWFsdGgEc2xrAzFpbjEwY2hpbmVzZQ--

"As people eat more high-calorie and processed foods combined with less exercise, we see an increase of diabetes patients," said Huang Jun, a cardiovascular professor at the Jiangsu People's Hospital in Nanjing, capital of northern China's Jiangsu province, who did not participate in the study.

"Whereas 20 years ago, people took naps during the work week, people are now faced with the stress of making more money to support a family and a buy a house."

2. silicon valley
    Moves
    25 Mar '10 17:17
    that "take August off for vacation" thing they do in the EU looks pretty attractive, too.
  3. silicon valley
    Moves
    25 Mar '10 17:51
    what is the optimum?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree