1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 12:16
    http://phys.org/news/2013-10-englert-higgs-nobel-physics-prize.html

Not a huge surprise but it sure took long enough!
  2. Germany
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 15:21
    A great disappointment. I was surely expecting to win it this year after missing out last year.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 15:39
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    A great disappointment. I was surely expecting to win it this year after missing out last year.
    Bummer, we were all rooting for you.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 15:44
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Why don't you make a hypothesis about the anti-Christ particle responsible for dark energy. Then when it is discovered you can have the prize.
  5. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    10 Oct '13 05:58
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Why don't you make a hypothesis about the anti-Christ particle responsible for dark energy. Then when it is discovered you can have the prize.
    Satan boson!
  6. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    10 Oct '13 07:30
    Since the days of Tesla and Marconi and of course the more recent Obama peace prize, it bogles the mind as to why anyone places value on a Nobel prize of any kind!!!
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Oct '13 07:421 edit
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Since the days of Tesla and Marconi and of course the more recent Obama peace prize, it bogles the mind as to why anyone places value on a Nobel prize of any kind!!!
    So you are here just to troll the forums rather than play chess.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Oct '13 07:49
    I believe its worth over a million dollars.
  9. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    10 Oct '13 08:24
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I believe its worth over a million dollars.
    Sign me up for one right away!!!
  10. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    10 Oct '13 08:25
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you are here just to troll the forums rather than play chess.
    Purdy much.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Oct '13 10:20
    Purdy much.
    Wow, an honest troller! For whom the gate trolls.
  12. Joined
    21 Jun '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '13 10:40
    (2.)

" This work is entirely theoretical and has not been verified by observations. The Nobel Prize is usually awarded for discoveries and inventions, not unverified speculations."

(3.)

"British physicist Stephen Hawking bet $100 against the Higgs being found.
    {This is an important result and should earn Peter Higgs the Nobel Prize}, said Hawking."

Seriously, what I would like to see is this.
    I would like to bring this discussion to life (instead of beeing a 'troll-thread'😉.
    Breething some air to the fire - Making it cosy and warm - Think candles and a nice girl sitting next to you. Hugging you.

(1.) ** Hawking in the Scandal Press ** http://www.thebeaverton.com/world/item/684-breaking-stephen-hawking-has-nobel-prize-revoked-in-midst-of-doping-scandal

(2.) ** http://www.quora.com/Physics/Why-hasnt-Stephen-Hawking-won-the-Nobel-prize-yet

(3.) ** http://news.discovery.com/space/history-of-space/stephen-hawking-bet-higgs-boson-discovery-120704.htm
  13. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    10 Oct '13 14:51
    Wow, an honest troller! For whom the gate trolls.
    You seem to be on edge lately. Does is matter to you if I participate on the forums but not play chess anymore. If so send me a pm and we can discuss it further.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Oct '13 17:381 edit
    You seem to be on edge lately. Does is matter to you if I participate on the forums but not play chess anymore. If so send me a pm and we can discuss it further.
    I'm always on edge, might fall off either way, not sure yet🙂

The last couple of nights I have lost a lot of sleep over the crap that is going on in the middle east, like the shooting of Malala and the Saudi who killed his 5 yo daughter because he thought she wasn't a virgin.

I was dreaming about ways to confront the Taliban. I would like to see every one of those sub humans cremated. Bombing innocent school children, mainly girls for them daring to want an education.
  15. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    10 Oct '13 19:08
    I'm always on edge, might fall off either way, not sure yet🙂

The last couple of nights I have lost a lot of sleep over the crap that is going on in the middle east, like the shooting of Malala and the Saudi who killed his 5 yo daughter because he thought she wasn't a virgin.

I was dreaming about ways to confront the Taliban. I would like to see ever ...[text shortened]... cremated. Bombing innocent school children, mainly girls for them daring to want an education.
    Still a lot of bad in the world for sure. It may very well be mans inherent nature to seek control and brutally dominate others to enforce belief systems. The big problem is that there is a low value on human life. If that can be changed then things have a chance of getting better.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree