1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 09:40
    saying the Farenheit scale is stupid is like critizing madam curie for taking lousy xrays instead of doing a 10 minute color enhanced 3D MRI.

Yeah, the bitch was just too cheap to get the best🙂
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 10:07
    did anyone suggested planck lengths as an universal length unit. wouldn't it be cool if one said this is 14423442 Tplancks long?
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '08 12:32
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    did anyone suggested planck lengths as an universal length unit. wouldn't it be cool if one said this is 14423442 Tplancks long?
    No, not me anyway. I prefer the meter.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 08:52
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    No, not me anyway. I prefer the meter.
    I prefer the Voltmeter🙂
  5. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    17 Aug '08 17:32
    Originally posted by serigado
    Fahrenheit is the most stupid scale invented by men since creation.

make 32 as the melting point of water, 100 as your own personal temperature, and voila.
    Unfortunately the guy had a little fever when he did it, so the average body temperature is really 98F...
    What's the sense of this scale? It's the least scientific thing I know... And why the hell some still use it??
    It works for me. Don't worry you do not have to use it. I also use the English units to measure things.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Aug '08 03:33
    Originally posted by gambit3
    It works for me. Don't worry you do not have to use it. I also use the English units to measure things.
    I don't think it makes much difference, it's just what a population has gotten used to. In ancient times, an inch was defined as the width of the Pharoah's thumb, pretty arbitrary but that's what it was and hey, get used to it🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree