1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    03 Mar '15 20:10
    http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-03-mind-readers-scientists-piece-neural-code.html#ajTabs

    I wonder. If some team figured out how to say, triple your working memory, like give you a photographic memory or close, would that also increase your IQ? Is there a link between super memory and IQ?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    03 Mar '15 22:13
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-03-mind-readers-scientists-piece-neural-code.html#ajTabs

    I wonder. If some team figured out how to say, triple your working memory, like give you a photographic memory or close, would that also increase your IQ? Is there a link between super memory and IQ?
    In my opinion - IQ and super memory is two different things.

    I know people that remembers everything they read, but cannot do any decent conclusions from it.
    And I know people that are very intelligent that cannot remember the trigonometric formulae, they invent them from scratch when they need it.
  3. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    805
    04 Mar '15 01:27
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-03-mind-readers-scientists-piece-neural-code.html#ajTabs

    I wonder. If some team figured out how to say, triple your working memory, like give you a photographic memory or close, would that also increase your IQ? Is there a link between super memory and IQ?
    Chess players could surely gain from a better memory of their favorite opening. Imagine following opening theory 25 moves deep in every game you play !
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    04 Mar '15 06:28
    Originally posted by woadman
    Chess players could surely gain from a better memory of their favorite opening. Imagine following opening theory 25 moves deep in every game you play !
    Remembering of endless openings without understanding why is futile.
    Understanding why releases your capacity of finding good moves.
  5. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    805
    04 Mar '15 06:47
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Remembering of endless openings without understanding why is futile.
    Understanding why releases your capacity of finding good moves.
    Just started a tournament on Chess.com and was able to spring MY OWN NOVELTY on my opponent. I've been waiting a while to play it again after using it in a real postal match years ago.
Back to Top