1. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    28 Mar '13 19:30
    http://science.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/28/17502859-first-love-child-of-human-neanderthal-believed-found?lite
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Mar '13 21:10
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    http://science.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/28/17502859-first-love-child-of-human-neanderthal-believed-found?lite
    Don't believe this nonsense.
  3. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    28 Mar '13 23:14
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Don't believe this nonsense.
    Show me some evidence that it is wrong then.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 09:25
    Originally posted by Kepler
    Show me some evidence that it is wrong then.
    I have not even seen evidence they are right. They always claim things at the drop of a hat.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 09:51
    I have not even seen evidence they are right. They always claim things at the drop of a hat.
    Yeah, I wouldn't trust people who make baseless claims.
  6. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 10:43
    I wasn't asking whether or not you have seen any evidence that it is correct. If you know it is wrong, as you claim, you should be able to show some evidence for that.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 12:04
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    it wasn't love, the neanderthal wanted the sapiens sapiens' awesome cave mansion. and numerous mammoths
  8. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 17:52
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    it wasn't love, the neanderthal wanted the sapiens sapiens' awesome cave mansion. and numerous mammoths
    How dare you refer to our women as mammoths!
  9. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 19:21
    I shudder to think what they got up to! I heard that when they make documentarys on chimpanzees , about half the footage is too rude for tv.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 20:47
    I wasn't asking whether or not you have seen any evidence that it is correct. If you know it is wrong, as you claim, you should be able to show some evidence for that.
    All I am trying to do is point out that it is all speculation. I could also speculate that these Neanderthals were people that are called the Nephilim in Genesis 6:1-5. However, that does not make it true, anymore than any other speculation about the Neanderthals makes that speculation true.
  11. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 22:46
    All I am trying to do is point out that it is all speculation. I could also speculate that these Neanderthals were people that are called the Nephilim in Genesis 6:1-5. However, that does not make it true, anymore than any other speculation about the Neanderthals makes that speculation true.
    Things based on evidence are not speculation. On that basis, your suggestion that it is wrong is speculation. The notion that neanderthals and modern humans interbred is based on evidence, controversial and somewhat flimsy evidence but still evidence.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 04:25
    Things based on evidence are not speculation. On that basis, your suggestion that it is wrong is speculation. The notion that neanderthals and modern humans interbred is based on evidence, controversial and somewhat flimsy evidence but still evidence.
    How is it that the bones of humans are evidence of Neanderthals rather than the Nephilim of Genesis 6:1-5 or any other race of people? Speculation? Certainly not fact for how do we know there was such a race of people called Neanderthals? Wasn't that just a made-up name? I think so. 😏
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 06:02
    Certainly not fact for how do we know there was such a race of people called Neanderthals? Wasn't that just a made-up name? I think so. 😏
    How do we know there was such a race of people called Nephilim? Wasn't that just a made-up name? I think so.

Creationist claptrap has no place in the Science Forum, I seriously wish you'd stay away.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree