1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 12:422 edits
    Five Topics of Personal Interest

Any Doctors, Med School Students or Directors of Nursing in The House? If so, I'd appreciate any accurate information (in non-technical terms to the greatest extent possible) you may have on the following five topics: 1) Post-Paralysis Recovery; 2) RLS; 3) Skin Abnormalities (dryness, itching, frequent bruising, blotching and bleeding); 4) Genetic Predisposition; and 5) Transfer of Genes During Copulation. Thank you. (gb)
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 13:576 edits
    LOL. What a bizarre list of things you want to know! especially the one about gene transfer during "Copulation"! Why on earth do you want to know about that!?
    Is this just out of pure curiosity or are you trying to help very unfortunate person with a bizarre set of medical problems?

(sorry, I'm not an expert in any of those fields. But I guess if I was an expert in all those fields, I would know literally everything including full details of the mating habits of dung beetles)
  3. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 14:59
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Five Topics of Personal Interest

Any Doctors, Med School Students or Directors of Nursing in The House? If so, I'd appreciate any accurate information (in non-technical terms to the greatest extent possible) you may have on the following five topics: 1) Post-Paralysis Recovery; 2) RLS; 3) Skin Abnormalities (dryness, itching, frequent bruising ...[text shortened]... eeding); 4) Genetic Predisposition; and 5) Transfer of Genes During Copulation. Thank you. (gb)[/b]
    Important to note that you cannot "catch" a genetic predisposition by copulation, although you can pass said genetic predisposition onto any offspring that result from copulation.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 02:01
    2) RLS;
    I get it when I'm walking or running.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 15:26
    Originally posted by wolfgang59

I get it when I'm walking or running.
    Mine's a mild version (less overactive nerves and muscle spasms
    than one that causes my the skin on the soles of my feet to itch and burn)
    caused by paraylysis from hip to knee [without impact injury, stroke or seizure]
    in 2010 which I'm now 90-95% recovered. Sorry to hear about yours.
    -
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 15:31
    Originally posted by Kepler

Important to note that you cannot "catch" a genetic predisposition by copulation, although you can pass said genetic predisposition onto any offspring that result from copulation.
    "5) Transfer of Genes During Copulation."

Much improved and much more nearly accurate wording:

'Transfer of Genes from Parents (and ancestral lineage)'.
    -
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 15:32
    Originally posted by humy

LOL. What a bizarre list of things you want to know! especially the one about gene transfer during "Copulation"! Why on earth do you want to know about that!?
    Is this just out of pure curiosity or are you trying to help very unfortunate person with a bizarre set of medical problems?

(sorry, I'm not an expert in any of those fields. But I guess if I was an ...[text shortened]... would know literally everything including full details of the mating habits of dung beetles)
    Unfortunate wording; please forgive.
  8. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 01:22
    [b]Five Topics of Personal Interest

Any Doctors, Med School Students or Directors of Nursing in The House? If so, I'd appreciate any accurate information (in non-technical terms to the greatest extent possible) you may have on the following five topics: 1) Post-Paralysis Recovery; 2) RLS; 3) Skin Abnormalities (dryness, itching, frequent bruising ...[text shortened]... eeding); 4) Genetic Predisposition; and 5) Transfer of Genes During Copulation. Thank you. (gb)[/b]
    The transfer of genes during copulation is simply ejaculation. The actual transfer of genes to the egg happens a little later. Is this what you wanted to know about?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 14:43
    "Superbugs"

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/02/27/reports-rare-superbugs-increasing-in-us/

Imminent Danger?
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Mar '13 07:481 edit
    Any scientific explanations of how flowers work?

http://www.google.com/search?q=pistil+and+stamen&hl=en&rlz=1T4AURU_enUS499US499&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=8ZY5UZm-FYSa9QTvw4HQAg&sqi=2&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=995&bih=499
  11. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    09 Mar '13 08:30
    Any scientific explanations of how flowers work?

http://www.google.com/search?q=pistil+and+stamen&hl=en&rlz=1T4AURU_enUS499US499&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=8ZY5UZm-FYSa9QTvw4HQAg&sqi=2&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=995&bih=499
    Depends on what you mean by "work". Flowers are just reproductive organs but some have the added function of attracting the means to distribute pollen.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 12:33
    Lung Condition: Reveal Hidden Content
    Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree