13 Oct '12 23:36
    http://www.belljarnews.com/

Anyone hear of this one?
  2. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    14 Oct '12 03:242 edits
    “This rock is a close match in chemical composition to an unusual but well-known type of igneous rock found in many volcanic provinces on Earth,” said Edward Stolper of the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena, who is a Curiosity co-investigator.

I got caught in a lift once with Edward Stolper. It wasn't pretty.

Conversation went like this :

'Sup?'
    'rocks dude, rocks EVERYWHERE';

It was at this point I took the opportunity to smash him in the head with a rock.

'Mars' I whispered as I lent over him to retrieve my igneous sample.
  3. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    14 Oct '12 09:23
    Originally posted by Thequ1ck
    “This rock is a close match in chemical composition to an unusual but well-known type of igneous rock found in many volcanic provinces on Earth,” said Edward Stolper of the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena, who is a Curiosity co-investigator.

I got caught in a lift once with Edward Stolper. It wasn't pretty.

Conversation went like this : ...[text shortened]... head with a rock.

'Mars' I whispered as I lent over him to retrieve my igneous sample.
    Then I said to the admiral I said, when the war is over, we will both be digging ditch.
  4. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 20:07
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://www.belljarnews.com/

Anyone hear of this one?
    Interesting and it solves a mystery for me.

Douglas Mental Health University Institute, a world-class institute affiliated with McGill University, highlights a new study that has found that 27 minutes more sleep each night among children ages 7 to 11 helps them control their emotions and limits their impulsive behavior in school. The study has also found that a 54-minute decrease in sleep is linked to a decline in control over emotions and an increase in impulsive behavior.

“These new findings support the importance of sleep among school-age children,” said Reut Gruber, researcher at the Douglas Mental Health University Institute and professor in the Department of Psychiatry at McGill University, in a statement. ”We need to provide sleep education to parents, educators, and students featuring data on the critical impact of sleep on daytime function. Sleep must be prioritized.”

I've noticed that Americans only get going online late in the evening and they seem to keep going late into the night. They never seem to sleep! When I get up for another day they have gone quiet and nothing much happens until long after lunch time. So that explains an awful lot about Americans.
  5. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 02:09
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Interesting and it solves a mystery for me.

[quote]Douglas Mental Health University Institute, a world-class institute affiliated with McGill University, highlights a new study that has found that 27 minutes more sleep each night among children ages 7 to 11 helps them control their emotions and limits their impulsive behavior in school. The study has al ...[text shortened]... othing much happens until long after lunch time. So that explains an awful lot about Americans.
    You don't have to be jealous!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree