1. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 12:45
    Is John Bedini and Tom Bearden full of shiite?
  2. Germany
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 12:52
    There is no such thing as a free lunch.
  3. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 12:58
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I tend to go along with that too. These guys claim that they are tapping into an energy source that doesn't violate the whole thermodynamics rules thing. They don't claim to be creating energy.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 13:08
    Seems like bull to me.
  5. Joined
    24 Jul '09
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 15:45
    I have NO idea what you are talking about, could you please provide a link or reference?

I will say that Bedini has previously made ridiculous untrue claims with his products, the Bedini Dual Beam Ultra Clarifier, for example, claimed to enhance sounds by "bathing cd's with electromagnetic beams". A JREF challenge was issued by James Randi, with no takers as usual.

Anyway, please let the rest of the forum in on what the heck you are talking about. But my first instinct is to trust Bedini's claims as far as I can throw him in Jupiter gravity.
  6. Joined
    24 Jul '09
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 15:47
    Also, has anyone read The Gods Themselves by Isaac Asimov?
  7. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 18:42
    Originally posted by Frogspondence
    I have not read this book. I will find a link to the free energy issue.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 18:49
    I have. A very well written book. Asimov is my favorite.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 00:38
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    In theory there is. If, a kinda big if, if you had a rope say, 1 billion light years long and a big spindle some of it is wrapped round and huge weights on both ends, one on the end of the rope and the other on the spindle, you get free energy from the expansion of the universe, the two weights would be pulled apart by this expansion, thereby unrolling the spindle which would be connected to a generator. Ergo, free energy. Of course the billion long rope thingy is a tad problematic but the theory is correct.
  10. Joined
    24 Jul '09
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 01:39
    Although stealing energy from universal expansion may speed the arrival of the Big Crunch, so it isn't entirely free.

Then again that might be a little long-sighted.
  11. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 02:17
    Although stealing energy from universal expansion may speed the arrival of the Big Crunch, so it isn't entirely free.

Then again that might be a little long-sighted.
    I think the big crunch has fallen from favor as a theory now that the discovery of the universe is expanding ever faster with time. If we had enough of the spools we may cause a slowing of the expansion and have us another reason for global warming. You never know.
  12. Joined
    24 Jul '09
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 02:21
    Well it is still unclear I think, but yeah, it is out of favor. Anyway, with enough spools, we might possibly maybe be able to cause it instead...

What a delightful project.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 04:021 edit
    (just a philosophic question to clarify where this thread may be going-I realize this is science)
    My contention is everything is free in life and the monetary system(just one example) , is a delusion we all 'buy' into because of a great Lie perpetuated on humanity .
    Conversely I heard one guy say that we have to pay a debt for everything in life because as soon as we are born we start taking energy,( in whatever form),from our parents etc.

If the reader doesn't understand how this may relate to free energy, thats cool . I dont blame you, however it is related in my way of thinking so if you could humour me it would be greatly appreciated.Thnx
  14. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 05:291 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    (just a philosophic question to clarify where this thread may be going-I realize this is science)
    My contention is everything is free in life and the monetary system(just one example) , is a delusion we all 'buy' into because of a great Lie perpetuated on humanity .
    Conversely I heard one guy say that we have to pay a debt for everything in life beca related in my way of thinking so if you could humour me it would be greatly appreciated.Thnx
    The free energy here refers to getting more energy out of a system than went into it. John bedini and Tom Bearden refer to it as zero point energy. I still need to get a link for it for you and Frogspondence.They claim that in the vacuum of space there is an abundance of energy that elecrical engineers have missed out on because of the way they were taught and that some important formulas were over simplified. They also claim that this doesn't break any thermodynamics laws as they are only tapping an energy source and not creating it. To me it is interesting to think that someone has maybe tapped into an energy source that flows between dimensions of reality. From what I have seen though isn't convincing enough to buy into it. They claim to have working models and do have several patents, but I don't see any aplications of the devices outside of the videos from their labs. They claim the energy companies are threatening them is why the thing cannot be commecialized. I was curious as to what others here think.http://www.icehouse.net/john1/
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 07:51
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    The free energy here refers to getting more energy out of a system than went into it. John bedini and Tom Bearden refer to it as zero point energy. I still need to get a link for it for you and Frogspondence.They claim that in the vacuum of space there is an abundance of energy that elecrical engineers have missed out on because of the way they were taugh ...[text shortened]... t be commecialized. I was curious as to what others here think.http://www.icehouse.net/john1/
    Thanks for not pommeling me.

There is always the contention here that governments dont want 'free enrgy' to be discovered as they would lose control over the economic systems of this planet. As I understand it 80% of the worlds finances is tied up in oil.

When future generations ,(say,in a 100 years),look back on the 20th century, I'm sure they will refer to it as the 'oil age' . (thats presuming we make it that far)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree