1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 12:31
    http://phys.org/news/2013-10-jelly-substance-platinum-fuel-cells.html

This can be a game changer for fuel cells. One thing they didn't say was the lifespan of this new material.
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 17:02
    It talks about its potential use in fuel cells and obviously if this is practical then it would dramatically reduce the cost of fuels cells.
    But I wonder if it can also be used in catalytic converters for neutralizing poisonous gases from vehicle exhausts and factory chimneys thus dramatically reduce the cost of catalytic converters as well?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 17:06
    Originally posted by humy
    It talks about its potential use in fuel cells and obviously if this is practical then it would dramatically reduce the cost of fuels cells.
    But I wonder if it can also be used in catalytic converters for neutralizing poisonous gases from vehicle exhausts and factory chimneys thus dramatically reduce the cost of catalytic converters as well?
    The problem there is an auto cat converter runs very hot, red hot inside, something like 1000 degrees F. That gel converter sounds to me like it wouldn't take that kind of temperature.
  4. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 18:22
    I can't help wondering if they're going to get Bill Cosby to be the pitch man.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 00:09
    Originally posted by dryhump
    I can't help wondering if they're going to get Bill Cosby to be the pitch man.
    Why not George Forman?
  6. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 13:39
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Why not George Forman?
    Ron Popeil would be a good one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree