1. weedhopper
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 18:37
    Watched a rerun of a documentary series, "Sex-The Revolution" last night. Part 3 touched on the AIDS epidemic and the narrator said that during the early days of the outbreak, AIDS was known as GRID. But he didn't elaborate. Did the scientists get it wrong? Does anyone know what GRID means and why it was changed to AIDS?
  2. Standard memberforkedknight
    Defend the Universe
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 18:42
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Watched a rerun of a documentary series, "Sex-The Revolution" last night. Part 3 touched on the AIDS epidemic and the narrator said that during the early days of the outbreak, AIDS was known as GRID. But he didn't elaborate. Did the scientists get it wrong? Does anyone know what GRID means and why it was changed to AIDS?
    gay-related immunodeficiency disease

http://biotech.law.lsu.edu/Books/lbb/x590.htm
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 21:17
    Originally posted by forkedknight
    gay-related immunodeficiency disease

http://biotech.law.lsu.edu/Books/lbb/x590.htm
    Ah, I thought it meant Gays Really In Denial🙂
  4. weedhopper
    Moves
    12 Jul '08 04:52
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Ah, I thought it meant Gays Really In Denial🙂
    ...banal, though not arrogant. For someone who "will never be my friend" you certainly answer a lot of my posts. So whaddya say? Let's end this silly bickering and just agree to disagree on certain issues--you know, the way civilized people do things?🙂
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 03:02
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    ...banal, though not arrogant. For someone who "will never be my friend" you certainly answer a lot of my posts. So whaddya say? Let's end this silly bickering and just agree to disagree on certain issues--you know, the way civilized people do things?🙂
    Fine, lets just keep religion out of it. Anyway I was responding to forked.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree