1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Jan '14 15:38
    Originally posted by humy
    Are you in favor of government take overs of pretty much any industry it wants to control?

I didn't in anyway say or imply that. I suggested a government can PAY a company to help, NOT “take over” a company to force it to help, so I don't know where you got that from.
    By the way, and I know this would be completely changing the subject ...[text shortened]... [/quote]
    That would be the extremely easy part -because science has proved there is a crisis.
    Just like they have proved evilution.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jan '14 19:581 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Just like they have proved evilution.
    And you are an illustration of the idea that humans are at the core, stupid.

Keep your self mutilated brain dug deep into the sand.
  3. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 13:462 edits
    Eladar and RJHinds have just been given the starring roles in "Dumber and Dumbest".

This time though it's not a comedy but a documentary.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 21:38
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    Eladar and RJHinds have just been given the starring roles in "Dumber and Dumbest".

I'm hoping for a bit of global warming this week.
  5. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 21:42
    Originally posted by woodypusher

How about "Dumbest and Dumbester"? A tragicomedy that afterward will send the audience sprinting to the nearest patch of peat moss for intelligent conversation.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 22:392 edits
    Let's all pray for more global warming. People are freezing to death and farmers are worried about their strawberries freezing. I saw it on the news.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/01/06/3121771/cold-homelessness-public-health/

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20120103/ARTICLE/120109898#gsc.tab=0
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 23:311 edit
    Let's all pray for more global warming. People are freezing to death and farmers are worried about their strawberries freezing. I saw it on the news.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/01/06/3121771/cold-homelessness-public-health/

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20120103/ARTICLE/120109898#gsc.tab=0
    Can I assume you know the difference between short term and long term effects? Perhaps you know this cold spell is only for a few days or weeks at the most? That even with global warming, there will still be winters? Even if the planet goes up by 4 degrees C by 2100 like they say, it will still be frozen in winter in Toronto? The rest of the world will suck but there will still be winter up north.
  8. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 07:572 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Can I assume you know the difference between short term and long term effects? Perhaps you know this cold spell is only for a few days or weeks at the most? That even with global warming, there will still be winters? Even if the planet goes up by 4 degrees C by 2100 like they say, it will still be frozen in winter in Toronto? The rest of the world will suck but there will still be winter up north.
    That even with global warming, there will still be winters?

not to mention that he doesn't comprehend that global warming only increases average temperatures but will create greater temperature variability and greater temperature extremes including towards the colder extremes in many places.
    So, global warming would not necessarily result in milder winters and, in many places, would be expected to lead to the occasional extra-cold winter!
    He is just so ignorant of basic scientific.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 22:16
    That's why I live in the southern USA. It gets plenty cold for me here. As it is, I'm in a semi-hibernation mode until it gets warmer.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 23:56
    That's why I live in the southern USA. It gets plenty cold for me here. As it is, I'm in a semi-hibernation mode until it gets warmer.
    And it is in the bible belt, so you can commiserate with your YEC buddies and put your head further in the sand about global warming.
  11. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    09 Jan '14 09:17
    And it is in the bible belt, so you can commiserate with your YEC buddies and put your head further in the sand about global warming.
    One delusion belief makes it easier to believe others so it is no coincidence that so many religious extremists don't believe there is such thing as man-made global warming.
    If you believe the Bible fairy tails, the whole of science must be wrong (the same science that makes all our technology work ) .
    If all the absurd Bible fairy tails are true and we have the absurdity of the whole of science being wrong, despite the huge evidence to the contrary, it wouldn't seem quite so absurd that global warming is just one huge conspiracy.
    The religious nuts are totally out of it.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jan '14 15:18
    Originally posted by humy
    One delusion belief makes it easier to believe others so it is no coincidence that so many religious extremists don't believe there is such thing as man-made global warming.
    If you believe the Bible fairy tails, the whole of science must be wrong (the same science that makes all our technology work ) .
    If all the absurd Bible fairy tails are true and we have ...[text shortened]... urd that global warming is just one huge conspiracy.
    The religious nuts are totally out of it.
    Some of you don't seem to understand that Bible believers also believe in in science too. However, we don't just accept every whim that comes along claiming to be science as truth.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jan '14 15:28
    Some of you don't seem to understand that Bible believers also believe in in science too. However, we don't just accept every whim that comes along claiming to be science as truth.
    And that would be because you are not really interested in science. You are more interested in proving certain sciences wrong, even though the same exact techniques of science in general are used for the ones you hate. Funny how results in one science you can accept but when the exact same logic is used in other sciences that just coincidentally go against your religious brainwashing, all of a sudden that is worthless science.

That alone goes to show you are not really interested in science, just the furthering of your bible fairy tales.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jan '14 16:59
    And that would be because you are not really interested in science. You are more interested in proving certain sciences wrong, even though the same exact techniques of science in general are used for the ones you hate. Funny how results in one science you can accept but when the exact same logic is used in other sciences that just coincidentally go against ...[text shortened]... to show you are not really interested in science, just the furthering of your bible fairy tales.
    If there is any man-made global warming, I would bet it is because of man sending all those rockets up into outer space. Did you ever think of that mister liberal atheist?
  15. Germany
    Moves
    10 Jan '14 17:10
    If there is any man-made global warming, I would bet it is because of man sending all those rockets up into outer space. Did you ever think of that mister liberal atheist?
    Just when I thought you have already said the dumbest thing I have ever heard, you come up with this. Do you really believe that the pollution caused by space travel is in any way significant for the environment?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree