ADVANCED

GROWTH REVIVER

SHAMPOO

FOR THINNING HAIR

helps to prevent hair thinning
    and fortifies hair

plus REVIVE +
    plus COMPLEX

Now I personally suspect that the only science involved in determining these words and phrases was the science of market research: what words and phrases do potential customers [who are willing to buy an expensive bottle of shampoo] associate with what they perceive to be effective for their hair?

If I am wrong, what science might underpin the chosen words and phrases?
  2. Wat?
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 12:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have a bottle of shampoo here, and this is what is written on its front:

[b]HAIR X
    ADVANCED

GROWTH REVIVER

SHAMPOO

FOR THINNING HAIR

and fortifies hair

plus REVIVE +
    plus COMPLEX

Now I personally suspect that the only science involved in determining these words and phrases was the science of market res ...[text shortened]... tive for their hair?

If I am wrong, what science might underpin the chosen words and phrases?[/b]
    I made a similar post 3rd Sept 2011, which you may want to refer to.

Can't find a link, but the date seems to be correct. 😉

-m.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 14:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have a bottle of shampoo here, and this is what is written on its front:

[b]HAIR X
    ADVANCED

GROWTH REVIVER

SHAMPOO

FOR THINNING HAIR

and fortifies hair

plus REVIVE +
    plus COMPLEX

Now I personally suspect that the only science involved in determining these words and phrases was the science of market res ...[text shortened]... tive for their hair?

If I am wrong, what science might underpin the chosen words and phrases?[/b]
    Why torture yourself FMF? Just shave it bald. 😉
  4. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 14:57
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why torture yourself FMF? Just shave it bald. 😉
    It's not the shampoo I use. I've got a thick head of hair.
  5. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    West Coast Rioter
    tinyurl.com/y7loem9q
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 15:49
    http://orijen.co.uk/hair-care/hair-x-repair-therapy/hairx-advanced-growth-reviver-shampoo/prod_6313.html

Here's some information on "Revive+"

[/i]http://www.4hair.keratin4hair.com/Products/ReviveSystem.aspx

It is a natural product that stimulates the hair scalp resulting in strong and healthy looking hair with hair growth improvement of over 80% over time. Because of its vitamin contents, The Revive + System can prevent premature hair fall. It is a simply to apply Leave in treatment.

Revive Plus was developed with ingredients such as Oyster Extract, Rosemary, Mint, Lemon Grass, Lipids, Ceramides and Vitamins A & E. All the magnitude your hair needs to grow strong and healthy.[/i]
  6. Germany
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 16:40
    You aren't wrong. Shampoo is basically just some diluted soap.
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Moves
    28 Jun '12 07:491 edit
    Here's the actual wording from the promotion site (link in earlier post):
    This product is a revolutionary system.

The hair’s natural protein is damaged by chemical treatments and by natural agents resulting in weak and fragile hair. This product is a innovative system that not only improves hair growth and appearance but also prevents follicular atrophy. It is a natural product that stimulates the hair scalp resulting in strong and healthy looking hair with hair growth improvement of over 80% over time. Because of its vitamin contents, The Revive + System can prevent premature hair fall. It is a simply to apply Leave in treatment.

Revive Plus was developed with ingredients such as Oyster Extract, Rosemary, Mint, Lemon Grass, Lipids, Ceramides and Vitamins A & E. All the magnitude your hair needs to grow strong and healthy.

Anyone who thinks this stuff is a product of a marketer's imagination rather than a scientific laboratory would have to be right. Detergent plus additives to make it less like detergent.
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Moves
    28 Jun '12 07:51
    And while we're on this topic, those little bottles of liquid hand wash that cost a mint? Refill them for 1/3 the price from your hair conditioner bottle. It's exactly the same stuff.
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Jun '12 10:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    Now I personally suspect that the only science involved in determining these words and phrases was the science of market research: what words and phrases do potential customers [who are willing to buy an expensive bottle of shampoo] associate with what they perceive to be effective for their hair?

If I am wrong,
    You are not wrong. Simple as that. More than one consumers' organisation has proved this.

Richard