1. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 20:47
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2307418/Professor-Stephen-Hawking-plea-space-exploration-claims-humans-survive-1-000-year-fragile-planet.html
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 01:21
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2307418/Professor-Stephen-Hawking-plea-space-exploration-claims-humans-survive-1-000-year-fragile-planet.html
    So he wants to be a prophet now. Perhaps he has been reading the Holy Bible and is trying to one-up it.
  3. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 02:20
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So he wants to be a prophet now. Perhaps he has been reading the Holy Bible and is trying to one-up it.
    There's a big difference in predicting the future based on evidence and fact compared to predicting it based on prophecy.

If you were intelligent you would understand that.

Of course the world will end someday. It doesn't take a holey bible to figure that out. Anyone can see that. Even you...I think.😉
  4. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 12:42
    Trust Hawking more the dawkings!

He is a smart man, we are headed for trouble, its like we are surfing hoping tech will keep pace with us .
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 11:41
    Originally posted by e4chris
    Trust Hawking more the dawkings!

He is a smart man, we are headed for trouble, its like we are surfing hoping tech will keep pace with us .
    I suppose if Dawkins said the same thing, you would say he is full of shyte but when Hawkings says it, there must be truth therein? Sounds like you are a bit touchy on the subject of people skeptical of your religion.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 13:53
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I suppose if Dawkins said the same thing, you would say he is full of shyte but when Hawkings says it, there must be truth therein? Sounds like you are a bit touchy on the subject of people skeptical of your religion.
    Here is one example of Dawkins backtracking after being asked a question that he can not answer on the evolutionary process.

YouTube
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 16:18
    Here is one example of Dawkins backtracking after being asked a question that he can not answer on the evolutionary process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaKryi3605g
    I saw that before. That wasn't backtracking. That was pure anger. They were not supposed to delve into those subjects on that particular interview. He was duped into a trap. I would have been pisssed off too if I had been told beforehand we would talk about X and Y but not Z TODAY. But they jumped right in because they have no scruples.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Apr '13 16:25
    I saw that before. That wasn't backtracking. That was pure anger. They were not supposed to delve into those subjects on that particular interview. He was duped into a trap. I would have been pisssed off too if I had been told beforehand we would talk about X and Y but not Z TODAY. But they jumped right in because they have no scruples.
    That seemed like a simple enough question for a so-called expert in evilution to answer. But instead of answering the question he admitted that apes are not our ancestors, even though he still insists they are our cousins without giving any proof.
  9. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    18 Apr '13 08:251 edit
    That seemed like a simple enough question for a so-called expert in evilution to answer. But instead of answering the question he admitted that apes are not our ancestors, even though he still insists they are our cousins without giving any proof.
    You got any proof, other than that rather tatty book you keep hawking about, that apes aren't our cousins?

Thinking about it, some of my cousins are more akin to molluscs.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Apr '13 10:151 edit
    What part of 'that wasn't to be in the interview' do you not understand? What part of he was duped do you not understand? BTW, instead of your continued plagiarizing the term Evilution, why don't you give your source, since I know full well you don't have the capacity for originality.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Apr '13 22:53
    Originally posted by Kepler
    You got any proof, other than that rather tatty book you keep hawking about, that apes aren't our cousins?

Thinking about it, some of my cousins are more akin to molluscs.
    Yes. I have given you the proof before, but you do not want to hear it, so you stuff your head in some dark hole.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Apr '13 22:57
    What part of 'that wasn't to be in the interview' do you not understand? What part of he was duped do you not understand? BTW, instead of your continued plagiarizing the term Evilution, why don't you give your source, since I know full well you don't have the capacity for originality.
    Okay. I got it from this video.

YouTube
  13. Wat?
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 03:53
    Okay. I got it from this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W763lQR0tU
    What a crock of shyte!

-m.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 06:43
    Originally posted by mikelom
    What a crock of shyte!

-m.
    It sure is. That is why I dececided to call it the theory of evilution.
  15. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 09:25
    Yes. I have given you the proof before, but you do not want to hear it, so you stuff your head in some dark hole.
    No, you haven't. You have not given me proof because this is not something that is provable. I don't recall much evidence for or against either.