1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Feb '12 18:35
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/02/120203092423.htm

Genuine breakthrough. Of course for now it is confined to mice or rats but it looks very promising.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '12 16:49
    http://www.theskepticsguide.org/archive/podcastinfo.aspx?mid=1&pid=342

This story was featured in the 'science or fiction' section of the SGU podcast this week.

It's excellent news and represents a major breakthrough if it can be replicated in humans.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Feb '12 17:22
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    http://www.theskepticsguide.org/archive/podcastinfo.aspx?mid=1&pid=342

This story was featured in the 'science or fiction' section of the SGU podcast this week.

It's excellent news and represents a major breakthrough if it can be replicated in humans.
    Hey, thanks for the link, new one for me. It indeed will be a real breakthrough if it holds up for humans. At least we can fix broken mice now🙂
  4. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 06:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Hey, thanks for the link, new one for me. It indeed will be a real breakthrough if it holds up for humans. At least we can fix broken mice now🙂
    I think at this point medical science knows how to keep a mouse alive for 200 years.
  5. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    West Coast Rioter
    tinyurl.com/y7loem9q
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 16:43
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    I think at this point medical science knows how to keep a mouse alive for 200 years.
    YouTube
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 13:38
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    That'd be a good trick, seeing that they haven't been seriously trying to for even a single century...

Richard
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 15:411 edit
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    That'd be a good trick, seeing that they haven't been seriously trying to for even a single century...

Richard
    Then you apparently have never heard of Cosmo the immortal mouse with superpowers. Not only did they fix his severed nerves back in 1812, they gave him super powers, can leap tall mailboxes with one bound, faster than a speeding puddy tat, stronger than a vicious chihuahua. You must lead a sheltered life🙂
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 12:35
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Then you apparently have never heard of Cosmo the immortal mouse with superpowers. Not only did they fix his severed nerves back in 1812, they gave him super powers, can leap tall mailboxes with one bound, faster than a speeding puddy tat, stronger than a vicious chihuahua. You must lead a sheltered life🙂
    Cosmo? No, never heard of him. But he sounds like a slightly under-powered version of Dangermouse.

Richard