http://medicalxpress.com/news/2013-08-latino-genomes-hidden-dna.html
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 16:49
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://medicalxpress.com/news/2013-08-latino-genomes-hidden-dna.html
    Does this prove evolution over millions of years to you? What is your point?

The Instructor
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 17:18
    Originally posted by RJHinds

The Instructor
    On the assumption you are actually interested in science, it is not about evolution, it is about finding a hidden DNA sequence that was left out of the genome project. You don't make assumptions about evolution based on the DNA of one race. It is through comparative analysis of all the human, animal, plant, fish DNA that gives clues to evolution. This is a much narrower field, just analyzing humans, where they came from and the like.
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 17:21
    Originally posted by RJHinds

The Instructor
    That wasn't the point of the article. The idea is that parts of the human genome aren't completely mapped. The research group the article is about used a mathematical model to work out what was in the missing region, rather than wait for sequencing technology to improve. The improved theory may lead to medical treatments. It has no direct connection with evolution, but their work could be of use to genetic studies of evolution.
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 21:265 edits
    [off topic] RJHinds just doesn't get it does he. He seems to think that science is generally a massive conspiracy against his particular religion in particular. So even when we post something scientific here that isn't in conflict with his religion in particular, he immediately assumes we could be trying to attack his religion as if we really care that much about his particular fairy tales in particular -absurd. [/off topic]

So they didn't know until now where 10% of our DNA was actually located? I think that's a bit embarrassing.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 23:401 edit
    Originally posted by humy
    [off topic] RJHinds just doesn't get it does he. He seems to think that science is generally a massive conspiracy against his particular religion in particular. So even when we post something scientific here that isn't in conflict with his religion in particular, he immediately assumes we could be trying to attack his religion as if we really care that m know until now where 10% of our DNA was actually located? I think that's a bit embarrassing.
    At least we found it, better late than never. What I wonder is how much more is hidden? This is still an infant science.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree