Higgs Boson

Higgs Boson

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
07 Jul 12

Originally posted by Thequ1ck
Consider a black hole. Is it a 'thing' or and absence of a 'thing'??

Because science gives it a name it becomes the former right? but wrong...
One could call it a 'thing' or a 'phenomena'. It is most definitely not 'an absence of a thing'.

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
07 Jul 12
5 edits

Originally posted by twhitehead
One could call it a 'thing' or a 'phenomena'. It is most definitely not 'an absence of a thing'.
But by the very fact that we exist should show that an absence of a thing creates a thing. How do you argue with that logic?

edit. Science doesn't and by doing so(not) it creates a permeative vacuum. My point is tha in regard to existence. Science sux.

Personally I reckon the Higgs Boson is located exactly square in the centre of absence. Article I posted has a theory on it.

h

Moves
07 Jul 12
3 edits

Yes I think you're right and I don't mean to be egotistical. I honestly believe there to be gaps in science. The absence of a thing creates a thing. Which is why we exist. Still unexplored. I think that has more to do with egotism than my previous post.

All I'm saying is that scientifically speaking the media is part of the apparatus. There's a greater p yet to be disproved.

I'm choosing my words softly as I may have to eat them later 😉
I honestly believe there to be gaps in science.

science has not yet filled all the gaps in our knowledge about certain things and may never do so -and that means what? That there is a problem with science? -answer, no.
Do you think superstition could fill those gaps with the truth?

Apart from applying personal observations and personal rational reasoning, science ( or, to be more precise, scientific method ) is the best and usually the only valid tool we have to find out what the truth of something is. Apart from personal observation and personal rational reasoning, if science cannot find the answer to something, then nothing really can for all we would have left is ignorance or, in some cases, worse, stupid superstition.

The absence of a thing creates a thing.

No. Regardless of whether time has a beginning, at no point in time was there 'nothing'. A singularity is something. Even the 'empty' vacuum of space is something.

Which is why we exist.

No.

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
07 Jul 12
8 edits

Originally posted by humy
I honestly believe there to be gaps in science.

science has not yet filled all the gaps in our knowledge about certain things and may never do so -and that means what? That there is a problem with science? -answer, no.
Do you think superstition could fill those gaps?

Apart from applying personal observations and personal rational reason ng. Even the vacuum of space is something.

Which is why we exist.

No.
But given that we exist, shouldn't we reconsider our view of zero? That's what I'm asking.

This is metaphysical stuff and I'm actually sorry for asking so many questions, but they need to be asked. Otherwise we get a bunch of Christian Chronicons showing up.

I propose that unless we take responsibility for our future the four horsemen ARE going to arrive in the shape of nuclear Armagedon. Gonna wipe the slate clean. Do you want that??

It's like saying I'm too stupid to exist. That's the state of play, see if you can find a game in it that doesn't involve the destruction of ourselves.

K

Germany

Moves
07 Jul 12

But by the very fact that we exist should show that an absence of a thing creates a thing. How do you argue with that logic?

edit. Science doesn't and by doing so(not) it creates a permeative vacuum. My point is tha in regard to existence. Science sux.

Personally I reckon the Higgs Boson is located exactly square in the centre of absence. Article I posted has a theory on it.
Personally I reckon that you are a paranoid schizophrenic and you should seek help. And I'm not even saying that to be mean, even though I am.

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
07 Jul 12
5 edits

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
07 Jul 12
1 edit

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
07 Jul 12
10 edits

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Personally I reckon that you are a paranoid schizophrenic and you should seek help. And I'm not even saying that to be mean, even though I am.
OK. Here's the deal. I don't like getting labelled. Nobody does.

Please refrain from using profanities.

I admit I'm asking some obscure questions but somebody needs to.

If you want to 'mess' with me. Meet me on the hills and slopes.

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
07 Jul 12
4 edits

This is an interesting subject. Let's see ... if psychiatry is an art or a science.

How about if it's deamed a science I kiss your ass and if it#s not you kiss mine? Deal?

Peronally I'm not so bothered bit I fBut put your priorities in earnest our pinty ears on agian and point out little points in the sky, you're gonna have me on your case Theq1ck..

You're a gigglly little girl to me right now.

Planet Rain

Moves
07 Jul 12

Whatever you're smoking...

...I don't want any.

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
08 Jul 12
4 edits

Originally posted by Soothfast
Whatever you're smoking...

...I don't want any.
Simple question.

Is psychiatry an art or a science?

I just came back from the Netherlands to the UK. Not smoking anything. Kinda disappointing.

Was smoking some damn decent Lemonbud out there. Tastes of...well...you'lll probably figure it out.

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
08 Jul 12

This is an interesting subject. Let's see ... if psychiatry is an art or a science.

How about if it's deamed a science I kiss your ass and if it#s not you kiss mine? Deal?

Peronally I'm not so bothered bit I fBut put your priorities in earnest our pinty ears on agian and point out little points in the sky, you're gonna have me on your case Theq1ck..

You're a gigglly little girl to me right now.
I didn't write this dribble. Must have passed through a router somewhere.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Jul 12

I didn't write this dribble. Must have passed through a router somewhere.
With all your reversal of fortunes in your posts, nobody can take you seriously.

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
08 Jul 12
3 edits

Originally posted by sonhouse
With all your reversal of fortunes in your posts, nobody can take you seriously.
OK, I respect your opinion and will back out. Leave you to your little 'let's build the starship Enterprise' nerdy convention. Because that's a lot more serious than determining the essence of existence.

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
08 Jul 12

Sorry for getting all serious on you guys but I don't like to be labelled.