How come?

Standard membereamon o
Science 03 Apr '08 16:37
  1. the highway to hell
    Moves
    03 Apr '08 16:37
    they say that people with arthritis can feel it when the weather becomes damper.
    how is that, when the skeleton is wrapped-up inside the body?
    😕
  2. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '08 16:44
    Originally posted by eamon o
    they say that people with arthritis can feel it when the weather becomes damper.
    😕
    It's not just people with arthritis...I have two plates in my arm due to a major football injury and it hurts during certain weather.

It has to do with barometric pressure.

Dave
  3. Joined
    28 Jun '01
    Moves
    03 Apr '08 17:421 edit
    Originally posted by nmdavidb
    It's not just people with arthritis...I have two plates in my arm due to a major football injury and it hurts during certain weather.

Dave
    Two plates in the arm for a football injury to his cranium. Cleared up his speech impediment but now all the refrigerator magnets stick to his arm when he walks through the kitchen. 😉
  4. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    03 Apr '08 20:12
    😕
    I have a funky vascular problem in my left hand and when atmo pressure changes it swells up. Air pressure generates weather thus i can generally tell when its gonna rain
  5. the highway to hell
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 10:44
    Originally posted by Mexico
    I have a funky vascular problem in my left hand and when atmo pressure changes it swells up. Air pressure generates weather thus i can generally tell when its gonna rain
    ive heard many names for the male member, thats the first time ive heard it called that 😵
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 10:471 edit
    ive heard many names for the male member, thats the first time ive heard it called that 😵
    So his girlfriend can feel when it's going to rain...? 😕
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 11:03
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    So his girlfriend can feel when it's going to rain...? 😕
    So George, its going to RAIN? OH GEORGE...
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 12:54
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    George, is it going to rain, or are you just happy to see me?
  9. the highway to hell
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 13:14
    Originally posted by nmdavidb

Dave
    ok, maybe youre right but can someone enlighten me as to how/what/when/where/why etc 😕
  10. Joined
    28 Jun '01
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 15:001 edit
    ok, maybe youre right but can someone enlighten me as to how/what/when/where/why etc 😕
    Found this, talking about arthritis in particular, but I'm sure flare ups of other injuries would be caused by the same reasons.

There is a possibility that a lowering of barometric pressure results in an imbalance in our bodies. This could result in expansion of fluid around joints creating more internal pressure and subsequent increase in arthritis pain.

http://www.get-arthritis-pain-relief.com/arthritis-barometric-pressure-pain.html

Remember, Google is your friend. 😉
  11. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 16:49
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Lmao!!!

Dave
  12. the highway to hell
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 17:23
    Originally posted by vacostner
    Found this, talking about arthritis in particular, but I'm sure flare ups of other injuries would be caused by the same reasons.

There is a possibility that a lowering of barometric pressure results in an imbalance in our bodies. This could result in expansion of fluid around joints creating more internal pressure and subsequent increase in arthritis pa ...[text shortened]... -pain-relief.com/arthritis-barometric-pressure-pain.html

Remember, Google is your friend. 😉
    thanks, interesting that low pressure on the outside can seemingly produce in pain in the joint. it makes me wonder why it doesnt occur on airplanes. surely experiments have been carried-out to esablish whats going on one way or another..........
    if it is actually about lower pressure, perhaps a pressure suit would help severe sufferers? or some sort of special pad which could be adhered and pumped-up? there may be an invention there somewhere?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree