1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 May '14 02:55
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I have already stated that i regard all alternatives to a purely materialistic approach to be homeopathy, that includes alternative treatment like, aromatherapy, reflexology etc

If its such a vague statement then may i suggest that you try to engage your imagination and it just may broaden its meaning.

It has everything to do with finding alternatives to conventional materialistic methods!
    Robbie - just admit that after one glass of Malt too
    many you mistook "homeopathy" for "holistic" 😉
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '14 08:091 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Robbie - just admit that after one glass of Malt too
    many you mistook "homeopathy" for "holistic" 😉
    aye laddie I had a great nightmare, i was on a ship bound for the Isle of Dura and the hold was full of empty bottles, clicking away all night to the sway of the sea and not a drop of the amber nectar of the North was to be found on board. They were mocking me to be sure and it was terrible!
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 May '14 16:11
    aye laddie I had a great nightmare, i was on a ship bound for the Isle of Dura and the hold was full of empty bottles, clicking away all night to the sway of the sea and not a drop of the amber nectar of the North was to be found on board. They were mocking me to be sure and it was terrible!
    So you were looking for a drop of the pure and all you found was 3.2 beer....
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 May '14 00:23
    Homeopathy is attractive because doctors don't treat the whole person because of constraints on time or the medicines they prescribe are too severe or have too much adverse side effects or they are simply ineffective so people turn to alternative more natural treatments. To say that homeopathy doesn't work is quite erroneous in my experience for I have known a number of persons get well after attending a homeopath.
    yes, it is called a placebo. giving your patient nothing is the very definition of a placebo. the patient believes it and gets better. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

if nothing works for a disease, giving someone homeopathies won't hurt. it is a whole other matter if conventional cures are set aside in favor of this crap. that is irresponsible and borderline criminal.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 May '14 00:26
    I have already stated that i regard all alternatives to a purely materialistic approach to be homeopathy, that includes alternative treatment like, aromatherapy, reflexology etc

If its such a vague statement then may i suggest that you try to engage your imagination and it just may broaden its meaning.

It has everything to do with finding alternatives to conventional materialistic methods!
    perhaps i should make a web page called "how english works" just for you.

homeopathy is defined. you can't include aromatherapy, reflexology, or whatever else strikes your fancy. homeopathy is giving severely diluted concoctions to someone. that's it.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 May '14 00:30
    Hahnemann advocated 30C dilutions for most purposes (that is, dilution by a factor of 1060).[6] In Hahnemann's time, it was reasonable to assume the remedies could be diluted indefinitely, as the concept of the atom or molecule as the smallest possible unit of a chemical substance was just beginning to be recognized. The greatest dilution reasonably likely to contain even one molecule of the original substance is 12C.

taken from wikipedia. just a fyi. to all with a moderate intelligence, this should obviously be a placebo. even ignoring the fact that none of the substances used in those dilutions have been proven to cure anything, a molecule of something won't cure anything. period.
  7. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    19 May '14 07:403 edits
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    Hahnemann advocated 30C dilutions for most purposes (that is, dilution by a factor of 1060).[6] In Hahnemann's time, it was reasonable to assume the remedies could be diluted indefinitely, as the concept of the atom or molecule as the smallest possible unit of a chemical substance was just beginning to be recognized. The greatest dilution reasonably likely ...[text shortened]... ilutions have been proven to cure anything, a molecule of something won't cure anything. period.
    I just cannot understand how anyone could be so stupid as to actually believe that just one or two single molecules of something could magically cure you of anything let alone how something can cure you when it is so dilute that the dose you take of it almost certainly doesn't contain a single molecule of the said 'active' ingredient! -and yet there is no shortage of morons that do believe such crap and that crap comes with the stupid pseudo scientific explanation of the so called 'memory water' that has absolutely no evidence nor logic to support it and which has repeatedly been scientifically demonstrated to be false and thoroughly debunked;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_memory
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 May '14 15:40
    Originally posted by humy
    I just cannot understand how anyone could be so stupid as to actually believe that just one or two single molecules of something could magically cure you of anything let alone how something can cure you when it is so dilute that the dose you take of it almost certainly doesn't contain a single molecule of the said 'active' ingredient! -and yet there is no short ...[text shortened]... ly demonstrated to be false and thoroughly debunked;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_memory
    yeh, water memory. that's how.

it's like game of thrones: The water remembers!!
  9. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 May '14 17:45
    yeh, water memory. that's how.

it's like game of thrones: The water remembers!!
    I'm not sure, but I think it was Tim Minchin who said something about, if
    water has memory, think about the "deluded to a millionth part faeces"-water
    you drink every day.
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    21 May '14 00:01
    Originally posted by C Hess
    I'm not sure, but I think it was Tim Minchin who said something about, if
    water has memory, think about the "deluded to a millionth part faeces"-water
    you drink every day.
    YouTube

Tim Minchin's Storm the Animated Movie
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 May '14 08:17
    perhaps i should make a web page called "how english works" just for you.

homeopathy is defined. you can't include aromatherapy, reflexology, or whatever else strikes your fancy. homeopathy is giving severely diluted concoctions to someone. that's it.
    wow being lectured on my mother tongue by a Romanian - it doesn't get any worse than that. 😵
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 May '14 17:11
    wow being lectured on my mother tongue by a Romanian - it doesn't get any worse than that. 😵
    anyone can lecture you, it's not that hard. your ignorance makes you an easy target

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree