How maximize death rate...

How maximize death rate...

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
25 May 20

If you have a virus, how do you maximize the death rate?

Prevent the healthy in age groups shown to have very little risk of death from being exposed to the virus. Let these people catch it and the death rate would be very low.

Expose the most likely to die, such as the elderly, by passing laws that ensure they are exposed.

Prevent people from acquiring the virus while immune systems are strong.

More than one government seems to be following this recipe, I wonder why.

w

Moves
25 May 20

@eladar said

Prevent the healthy in age groups shown to have very little risk of death from being exposed to the virus. Let these people catch it and the death rate would be very low.

Expose the most likely to die, such as the elderly, by passing laws that ensure they are exposed.

Prevent people from acquiring the virus whil ...[text shortened]... une systems are strong.

More than one government seems to be following this recipe, I wonder why.
You forgot a few...

- Don't trust medical experts.

- Limit testing to those who are already very sick. You could accomplish this by decentralizing the testing apparatus to local areas instead of federal, forcing dozens of different bureaucratic entities to scramble/compete for supplies and development of accurate readouts.

- Delay preparing for and strategizing for the inevitable spread. Keep local governments in the dark regarding recommendations for closures/policies. Issue guidelines and then immediately contradict those guidelines in press briefings. Publicly cheer on citizens who defy your own guidelines.

- Communicate poorly and minimize the importance of statistics that make you look bad but might help people make better decisions. Blame other people when things don't happen as you predict. Change your mind on what policies to recommend on a daily basis.

E

Moves
25 May 20
1 edit

@wildgrass said
You forgot a few...

- Don't trust medical experts.

- Limit testing to those who are already very sick. You could accomplish this by decentralizing the testing apparatus to local areas instead of federal, forcing dozens of different bureaucratic entities to scramble/compete for supplies and development of accurate readouts.

- Delay preparing for and strategizing for ...[text shortened]... things don't happen as you predict. Change your mind on what policies to recommend on a daily basis.
What do you mean by do not trust experts. The experts are the ones maximizing the death rate.

Are you trying to argue that the more people who get sick will cause a rise in rate of death?

w

Moves
25 May 20
1 edit

@eladar said
What do you mean by do not trust experts. The experts are the ones maximizing the death rate.

Are you trying to argue that the more people who get sick will cause a rise in rate of death?
I don't understand why you say the experts are maximizing the death rate. That doesn't make sense without a proper citation.

Medical experts (in this case, epidemiologists) dedicate their lives/careers to studying outbreaks similar to this. Their recommendations necessarily change in light of new information and data. They track recent research (there are dozens of clinical trials and basic science going on all the time) about what we know, and what remains to be determined. Other than political propaganda, there's no reason not to trust them.

E

Moves
25 May 20

@wildgrass said
I don't understand why you say the experts are maximizing the death rate. That doesn't make sense without a proper citation.

Medical experts (in this case, epidemiologists) dedicate their lives/careers to studying outbreaks similar to this. Their recommendations necessarily change in light of new information and data. They track recent research (there are dozens of clini ...[text shortened]... what remains to be determined. Other than political propaganda, there's no reason not to trust them.
If you do not allow the young to get sick and acquire immunity, then you have just increased the rate at which the virus kills.

If you allow covid into nursing homes you have just increased the exposure to the over 75 crowd, thereby increasing the rate at which people are being killed.

E

Moves
25 May 20

@eladar said
If you do not allow the young to get sick and acquire immunity, then you have just increased the rate at which the virus kills.

If you allow covid into nursing homes you have just increased the exposure to the over 75 crowd, thereby increasing the rate at which people are being killed.
After artificially increasing the death rate they can use their fake number as evidence they were right lol.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 May 20

@Eladar
But as it turns out, you are anything BUT a medical expert, but instead just another conspiracy troll.

E

Moves
25 May 20

@sonhouse said
@Eladar
But as it turns out, you are anything BUT a medical expert, but instead just another conspiracy troll.
Tell me how what I am saying is incorrect.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
26 May 20

@eladar said
If you have a brain, how do you minimise its use?

(I'm asking because you seem to be an expert in this field.)

bunny knight

planet Earth

Moves
26 May 20

@sonhouse said
@Eladar
Is it true that big pharma is a corporate for-profit industry and their main goal is to maximize profit, not the well-being of you and your family? If yes, is that not a conspiracy?

Retired

Missouri

Moves
26 May 20

@bunnyknight
I worked in the pharmaceutical industry as a business manager for over 30
years. To say the goal of the pharmaceutical is not to improve the wellness of the general public is strictly BS. Why do you think billions of dollars are spent on development of new drugs annually. Certainly, profits are a necessary by product, but unless drugs improve the well being of the consumer, the whole process is pointless.

E

Moves
26 May 20
1 edit

@my2sons said
@bunnyknight
years. To say the goal of the pharmaceutical is not to improve the wellness of the general public is strictly BS. Why do you think billions of dollars are spent on development of new drugs annually. Certainly, profits are a necessary by product, but unless drugs improve the well being of the consumer, the whole process is pointless.
It certainly needs to benefit someone, the bottom line, it must benefit the company.

I believe people who make vaccines are protected from lawsuits.

bunny knight

planet Earth

Moves
26 May 20

@my2sons said
@bunnyknight
If I gave your child a fake water pill in exchange for 20 dollars, that did nothing to cure her, I would be called a quack and a criminal, yes?

What would you call a hospital that gives your child a series of drugs in exchange for 400,000 dollars, and the child winds up dead?

w

Moves
26 May 20

@eladar said
After artificially increasing the death rate they can use their fake number as evidence they were right lol.
Who is they? Be specific and provide citations, please.

E

Moves
26 May 20