Human Interactions

Human Interactions

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lmm

Moves
22 Mar 09

It has been in agreement for years that all humans need someone/thing to interact with..... or else we would all be sitting in corners searching for our long lost marbles. My question though is it possible to actually deny this fact of life.... what im saying is is it possible for us as humans to live our lives without any relations with people of things? just ponder it........ can we be alone and sane/content? I personolly think its possible.

z
Thread Killing Chimp

In your retina!:D

Moves
22 Mar 09

Originally posted by lilly may martin
It has been in agreement for years that all humans need someone/thing to interact with..... or else we would all be sitting in corners searching for our long lost marbles. My question though is it possible to actually deny this fact of life.... what im saying is is it possible for us as humans to live our lives without any relations with people of things? just ponder it........ can we be alone and sane/content? I personolly think its possible.
I think there are ppl who live totaly isolated, without any relations with other ppl and are content with that.
But the human is an intelligent animal, i think a person will always be thinking of stuff to do.
So if you dont have any contact with other ppl i think that you will have good contact with a dog, or other animal, or you like to collect mushrooms or whatever.
You will not sit still.
"is it possible for us as humans to live our lives without any relations with people of things?"
you will always have relations with things, when i use my fork to eat, i have a relation with it (i only use my fork to eat, not that kind of 'relation' pervert 😠 ).

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
22 Mar 09

It's for sure possible for one generation....

lmm

Moves
22 Mar 09

Originally posted by zozozozo
I think there are ppl who live totaly isolated, without any relations with other ppl and are content with that.
But the human is an intelligent animal, i think a person will always be thinking of stuff to do.
So if you dont have any contact with other ppl i think that you will have good contact with a dog, or other animal, or you like to collect mushrooms ...[text shortened]... ave a relation with it (i only use my fork to eat, not that kind of 'relation' pervert 😠 ).
thats not what i meant... i mean can we live our lives without fellow human interaction and still be sane. I dont mean between humans and anything else..... let me state it better if the world were completley empty and humans didnt need food, water, or ANYTHING to survive could we do it without going crazy?

K

Germany

Moves
22 Mar 09
1 edit

I guess some people would be fine with that. I'm not much of a people person myself, but I think I would get rather bored just masturbating all day.

z
Thread Killing Chimp

Moves
22 Mar 09

if the world were completley empty and humans didnt need food, water, or ANYTHING to survive could we do it without going crazy?
Yes.
I dont see why a brain would need another brain to communicate with to be able to function.
It would be usefull, to share ideas and whatsoever, but not needed.

lmm

Moves
22 Mar 09

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
I guess some people would be fine with that. I'm not much of a people person myself, but I think I would get rather bored just masturbating all day.
alright the masturbating things a litle weird but hey its your life *shrug*

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
22 Mar 09

Yes.
I dont see why a brain would need another brain to communicate with to be able to function.
It would be usefull, to share ideas and whatsoever, but not needed.
What about the part where you want for the human race to continue as a species. If I am not wrong, which I may be, I had always thought it took two people to reproduce, and thus screwing up the theory of not interacting with humanity. That's what I meant when I said it could work for one generation.

z
Thread Killing Chimp

Moves
22 Mar 09

Originally posted by sonhouse
What about the part where you want for the human race to continue as a species. If I am not wrong, which I may be, I had always thought it took two people to reproduce, and thus screwing up the theory of not interacting with humanity. That's what I meant when I said it could work for one generation.
Ok, i agree with you.
But he was asking if we'd go crazy of it, not extinct😉

lmm

Moves
23 Mar 09

Ok, i agree with you.
But he was asking if we'd go crazy of it, not extinct😉
ok well i understand the population lets just say that everyone is a sexual for the purpose of this discusion.... what im trying to say is do you think that people need to see/ be with other people or do you think that if given the choice we could survive (mentally) in total isolation?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
23 Mar 09

ok well i understand the population lets just say that everyone is a sexual for the purpose of this discusion.... what im trying to say is do you think that people need to see/ be with other people or do you think that if given the choice we could survive (mentally) in total isolation?
Well think about the isolation experiments where they float people in water that is totally body temp, no light no heat no cold, no sound. Then in about 20 minutes or so the mind creates it's own space, inventing hallucinations, audio, video, etc., so it would seem from that experiment that the mind needs companionship and if deprived of same, will invent it's own, which to me would suggest a limited lifetime, because the person (former person) would not know the dif between reality and its own inventions. So what would it do if it didn't know it had to eat for instance, being in total isolation, it may not recognize hunger signals for instance. I think ultimately people would go feral without companionship. And by feral I mean loss of its own humanity, putting it on the level mentally as any other animal and though it may exist in that state, how would you call such an individual human anymore?

z
Thread Killing Chimp

Moves
23 Mar 09
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
Well think about the isolation experiments where they float people in water that is totally body temp, no light no heat no cold, no sound. Then in about 20 minutes or so the mind creates it's own space, inventing hallucinations, audio, video, etc., so it would seem from that experiment that the mind needs companionship and if deprived of same, will invent i l and though it may exist in that state, how would you call such an individual human anymore?
cool^^ can u link such experiments?

"which to me would suggest a limited lifetime, because the person (former person) would not know the dif between reality and its own inventions."
So? there are ALOT of ppl that can communicate with other ppl and that being the Cause of them not knowing whats reality and whats not.
I could give you ALL religious ppl for example, but im only giving you suicide terrorist bombers. In my opinion they totaly lost the feeling of whats reality and whats not, the cause of this is 'brainwashing' by other humans.

"being in total isolation, it may not recognize hunger signals for instance."
why not? your body signals you you are hungry or not, this has nothing to do with contact to other ppl.

"I think ultimately people would go feral without companionship. And by feral I mean loss of its own humanity, putting it on the level mentally as any other animal and though it may exist in that state, how would you call such an individual human anymore?"
I would still call it human because i study biology; humans are also animals.
In isolation i think a human would be very much like a regular animal, but very smart.
"loss of its own humanity"...hmm, what is humanity? did the suicide terrorist lose its humanity? or is bombing ppl a part of humanity?

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
23 Mar 09

This chap did ok:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Selkirk

there have been numerous cases of prisoners held in solitary confinement for long periods. I think that some people cope better than others.