1. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    2158
    04 Nov '11 05:45
    Check out this link, showing a slightly different route out of Africa...

    http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2011/11/03/modern-humans-wandered-out-of-africa-via-arabia/?source=link_tw20111103ngnw-arabia
  2. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3088
    04 Nov '11 10:02
    I thought this Yemen route was already a common theory?
  3. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51560
    04 Nov '11 10:221 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I thought this Yemen route was already a common theory?
    Yep, that's the route in every book/article and tv program i've read/seen on the subject.
  4. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    West Coast Rioter
    tinyurl.com/y7loem9q
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    05 Nov '11 01:53
    The article implies that nobody followed the Nile up. I believe both paths were taken.
  5. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3088
    05 Nov '11 10:09
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The article implies that nobody followed the Nile up. I believe both paths were taken.
    How do you survive without agriculture? Anyway, what you "believe" doesn't really have any bearing on genetic research.
  6. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    West Coast Rioter
    tinyurl.com/y7loem9q
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    05 Nov '11 15:533 edits
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    How do you survive without agriculture? Anyway, what you "believe" doesn't really have any bearing on genetic research.
    The Sahara wasn't always a desert. Back then it was green and lush and full of food. A branch of humanity did go up the Nile and into Canaan 125,000 years ago. My previous research had led me to believe mtDNA haplogroups M and N took separate routes, but now I'm seeing both of those groups came from the Arabian migration according to the genetics.

    http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/journey/
Back to Top