1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 13:42
    http://phys.org/news/2015-06-interactive-tabletop-holographic-soars-kickstarter.html#ajTabs

Some of the comments suggests it is a scam. What do you think? For real or not?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 14:001 edit
    There is a lot of focus on peripherals and the type of glass used, and nothing whatsoever about how the holographic part of it actually works. It also seems way too cheap. I say scam.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 14:04
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    There is a lot of focus on peripherals and the type of glass used, and nothing whatsoever about how the holographic part of it actually works. It also seems way too cheap. I say scam.
    Did you see a tentative price for this device? I must have missed it.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 19:06
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Did you see a tentative price for this device? I must have missed it.
    Near the bottom:
    For $685 USD, you get one Holus. An $846 USD pledge fetches one Holus Pro and one Leap Motion Sensor.

Those may not be final store prices, but rather what kickstarter contributors pay.

I see the leapmotion sensor is only $100 which is less than I thought.

But still a Holus for less than the price of a Microsoft Surface tablet? Although I guess I should be comparing it to the price of a screen or 3D screen.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree