Is homeopathy science?

Is homeopathy science?

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
14 Jul 12

Originally posted by Thequ1ck
I am using the term quantum in this context to represent possibilities.
Yeah, well, you're not Humpty Dumpty, so that trick doesn't work for you.

If you want to ask a scientific question and want to be taken seriously, you'll have to use scientific terms to mean what they do mean, not insert them randomly to make your babblings look as if they have meaning.

Richard

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Jul 12

Originally posted by humy
It also sounds to me you may suffer from some kind of autism, if true that could explain your bizarre words

his words are bizarre but I happen to know quite a bit about autism ( I used to professionally care for autistic people ) and I don't think autism would explain his words but don't know what might.
In most of his posts, he seems to re ...[text shortened]... ctually relate if they relate at all which they often don't -a possible symptom of …? anyone?
Here is one of the definitions of Asbergers:
Have a formal style of speaking that is advanced for his or her age. For example, the child may use the word "beckon" instead of "call" or the word "return" instead of "come back."

http://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/tc/aspergers-syndrome-symptoms

All in all, these symptoms appear stronger than what we see from quick so I don't know.

He might just have bizarre ideas, he might be very religious or some such and needs to connect that with science but not clinically crazy.

Planet Rain

Moves
14 Jul 12

I'm not trying to disprove the 'atom' exists. I'm trying to highlight sciences
lack of rigmarole in ensuring the proportionate analysis of results by way of language structure.
You're demanding that science be held to the same standards of conduct as mathematics, but whereas mathematical principles may be established solely on the basis of logical analysis, science by definition is an empirical endeavor based on experimental data. There is very little "infinite-sigma" science to be learned anymore, and many philosophers (and scientists) would say there never was.

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
14 Jul 12
2 edits

Originally posted by Soothfast
You're demanding that science be held to the same standards of conduct as mathematics, but whereas mathematical principles may be established solely on the basis of logical analysis, . There is very little "infinite-sigma" science to be learned anymore, and many philosophers (and scientists) would say there never was.
science by definition is an empirical endeavor based on experimental data

And yet Einstein himself was been reported to have experienced a tactile conciliation of an in-exactitude when he contempled upon quantum mechanics. Upon which he commented 'God does NOT play dice'.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Jul 12

And yet Einstein himself was been reported to have experienced a tactile conciliation of an in-exactitude when he contempled upon quantum mechanics. Upon which he commented 'God does NOT play dice'.
And the reply was 'not only does he throw dice, we don't even know where they are thrown'.

I take it you want scientists to admit god has a hand in everything in the universe or some such and to conduct science with that in mind every minute of every day.

What advantage do you see in that regard?

h

Moves
15 Jul 12
5 edits

When Einstein refers to “God”, he doesn't mean a personal god nor a supernatural god but merely “the universe” and he NEVER believed there exists a personal/supernatural god.
So, for Einstein, his personal use of the word “God” simply refers to/means “the universe” .
There are no end of lies propagated all over the internet by crazed lying religious fundamentalist that misquote Einstein or say/imply he did believe in a personal/supernatural god. Here is a link explaining and exposing just one just such common lie: http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/religion/a/einstein_god.htm

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
15 Jul 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
And the reply was 'not only does he throw dice, we don't even know where they are thrown'.

I take it you want scientists to admit god has a hand in everything in the universe or some such and to conduct science with that in mind every minute of every day.

What advantage do you see in that regard?

My point entirely. We don't know but we should have a leading theory.

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
15 Jul 12
1 edit

When Einstein refers to “God”, he doesn't mean a personal god nor a supernatural god but merely “the universe” and he NEVER believed there exists a personal/supernatural god.
So, for Einstein, his personal use of the word “God” simply refers to/means “the universe” .
There are no end of lies propagated all over the internet by crazed lying religious fundament ...[text shortened]... g just one just such common lie: http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/religion/a/einstein_god.htm
Interesting read.

He wrote(Einstein): "[T]he word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."

I am aware of the concept of Specious logic. I recently linked to a pdf which applies this logic to gravity and the search for the 'God' particle.

k

Moves
15 Jul 12

There are no end of lies propagated all over the internet by crazed lying religious fundament ...[text shortened]... g just one just such common lie: http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/religion/a/einstein_god.htm
Yes , Einsteins statement about God not playing dice only refers to his belief in a causal universe. His disagreement with his peers at the time,was that the mechanics of the Universe are causal and not probalbalistic .

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
15 Jul 12
2 edits

Originally posted by kaminsky
Yes , Einsteins statement about God not playing dice only refers to his belief in a causal universe. His disagreement with his peers at the time,was that the mechanics of the Universe are causal and not probalbalistic .
I think he was probably right. He often was you know?

It's great. The next time a Christian shows up and stubbornly refutes logic with
the expression 'God is'. We can turn around and say 'That maybe so but we are
discussing what this.

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
15 Jul 12
5 edits

Personality disorder :

Solitary pen
Interplay's so
Entropy sail.
Relays Point
Poetry nails
Sane lor pity.

k

Moves
15 Jul 12

I think he was probably right. He often was you know?

It's great. The next time a Christian shows up and stubbornly refutes logic with
the expression 'God is'. We can turn around and say 'That maybe so but we are
discussing what this.
Actually he was probably wrong , experiments after his death show an acausal universe may exist. Einstein would have almost certainly have changed his postion.

h

Moves
15 Jul 12
3 edits

Interesting read.

He wrote(Einstein): "[T]he word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."

I am aware of the concept of Specious logic. I recently linked to a pdf which applies this logic to gravity and the search for the 'God' particle.
I wish they ( mainly scientists ) wouldn't keep moronically and melodramatically calling it the 'God' particle.
I hate it when they do that -extremely unprofessional.

K

Germany

Moves
15 Jul 12

I wish they ( mainly scientists ) wouldn't keep moronically and melodramatically calling it the 'God' particle.
The history of that term is quite amusing. According to Higgs, it was invented by the physicist Leon Lederman, although unwillingly. Originally he had refered to it as "that godd-mn particle", but his editor wouldn't let him. Higgs himself said about the term "God particle":

"I find it embarrassing because, though I'm not a believer myself, I think it is the kind of misuse of terminology which I think might offend some people."

Planet Rain

Moves
15 Jul 12

Indeed. I would have preferred the "Satan particle," or even the "Prince of Darkness particle."

Anyway, once the press catches wind of a catchy phrase they won't let it go because it sells.