1. weedhopper
    Moves
    19 Aug '08 06:28
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    So how old do *you* think the earth is, Pink?
    4.6 byo, though note that this is what I "think"---I'm not splashing it around as absolute Gospel truth.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Aug '08 07:10
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Yes, it is.
    In fact that is one believe that cannot be refuted by science at this time, since nobody knows how the universe started, for instance the Big Bang theory only deals with what happens after the start of the BB not the exact instant it came about or what it came from or what was there before the big bang. There are theories afloat that make conjectures about it but nothing is independently verified so it's anyones guess.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '08 07:23
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    4.6 byo, though note that this is what I "think"---I'm not splashing it around as absolute Gospel truth.
    Well, then you are not the Young Earth extremeist. I have no problems with people thinking that god created the universe from BigBang and onwards under the laws of nature, created or not. In your case, science and that god created it all is perfectly okay.

Those YECers believing that that their weird beliefs are real science, they don't know anything about science at all.
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    26 Aug '08 09:15
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7540427.stm
  5. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '08 12:49
    Originally posted by black beetle
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7540427.stm
    Hilarious. I'd almost think some of that was from the onion.

The funnies thing I could see was:

"The space agencies of the world are involved in an international conspiracy to dupe the public for vast profit,"

The space agencies aren't private organizations, they are government organizations. So they are duping the government into setting up NASA, etc??

They should get together with the stationary earth crowd.
  6. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    26 Aug '08 13:31
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Hilarious. I'd almost think some of that was from the onion.

The funnies thing I could see was:

"The space agencies of the world are involved in an international conspiracy to dupe the public for vast profit,"

The space agencies aren't private organizations, they are government organizations. So they are duping the government into setting up NASA, etc??

They should get together with the stationary earth crowd.
    Yeap🙂
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    26 Aug '08 13:35
    ...but at least they don't insist that they have the ability to be in touch with the Heavenly Father#...

...yet🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree