1. Germany
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 09:18
    Originally posted by ysterbaard
    Thanks for all the answers. In fact thanks a lot. I wasn't expecting essays to be written on such a stupid question. I really appreciate all of the responses. I must say I understand it better now, although, having read all your replies I have a new question.....Again in a "fictional" scenario format. (And sorry in advance for my poor English it is my sec ...[text shortened]... and don't know the answer. If it is a really stupid question, don't answer I won't be offended.
    The effect isn't strong enough to have a signficant impact on the segregation of humans. Intelligence is partially genetic, but the genetic part is the result of a complex interplay of many different genes, so it's not a given that two "smart" people will have "smart" children, and two "dumb" people will have "dumb" children. Especially in socieites where higher education is easily accessible, there tends to be quite a large variation in educational achievement within a family; for example my brother dropped out of high school, whereas I am doing a PhD.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree