1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 May '13 05:13
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Hey, just keep hanging on to your dream, which is what it is. Just remember, human sciences are in their infancy, we are up to maybe an 8 year old level in understanding of the universe so have fun dissing an 8 year old. In another 100 years science will be more like a 12 year old and you won't have so much to stand on by then. Of course you and 99% of all ...[text shortened]... t get converted each year so eventually all your objections will fade into the bad dream it is.
    "Human sciences are in their infancy, we are up to maybe an 8 year old level in understanding of the universe. In another 100 years science will be more like a 12 year old."

That sound like a slow process to me. Why not study THE BOOK and get a PHD in a year? 😏
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 May '13 23:06
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    "Human sciences are in their infancy, we are up to maybe an 8 year old level in understanding of the universe. In another 100 years science will be more like a 12 year old."

That sound like a slow process to me. Why not study THE BOOK and get a PHD in a year? 😏
    I'll take my chances in the real world, I have no need for biblical snake oil salesmen invisible friend fantasy rides.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 May '13 06:342 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I'll take my chances in the real world, I have no need for biblical snake oil salesmen invisible friend fantasy rides.
    Biblical snake oil salesmen?
    Invisible friend fantasy rides?

You are sounding snooty today.
  4. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    02 May '13 12:09

For a PhD you need to do some original research. Reading a tatty book of fairy tales doesn't count.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 May '13 00:481 edit
    Originally posted by Kepler
    For a PhD you need to do some original research. Reading a tatty book of fairy tales doesn't count.
    That would be original research for him. 😏
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    05 May '13 04:44
    This thread's become another RJHinds trainwreck.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 May '13 13:011 edit
    You don't ever wish to consider the opinions of those that have done original research and gained a PhD, if those opinions disagrees with your own ideologies and beliefs.
  8. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    05 May '13 13:16
    You don't ever wish to consider the opinions of those that have done original research and gained a PhD, if those opinions disagrees with your own ideologies and beliefs.
    Really? Why would l consider your opinions then?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 May '13 19:48
    Really? Why would l consider your opinions then?
    You probably will not. However, there may be someone on here that wants to learn something from...

The Instructor
  10. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    05 May '13 20:28
    You probably will not. However, there may be someone on here that wants to learn something from...

The Instructor
    I find that about as likely as your own personal version of god existing. Zero.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 May '13 08:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why does inserting a USB plug into an unsighted USB socket defy the law of averages? The first attempt to put the USB plug in is almost always thwarted by the end being the wrong way up.
    the usb symbol on the device shows how you must plug it in. as long as you remember that, you don't need to fidget.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree