1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Dec '15 13:28
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I just posted a link showing that there were such trucks In Seattle two years ago. I am sure there are more around the country by now.

[b]But I would have to be assured of some kind of emergency road service if my car ran out of juice.

I already posted a link assuring you of that and another link explaining why it should never happen in the first ...[text shortened]... greater because electricity is cheaper and gas is more expensive than other parts of the world.[/b]
    I did have to replace tires and I did a brake job myself. Other than that, I have had no trouble with the car.

One thing that helps, paradoxically, is the fact my miles accumulate so fast, I run the engine about 3000 RPM for 130 km for the most part so the miles add up quickly and the motor does not wear out very fast.

Problems with wear happen if you drive short distances every day, say 10 Km, you spend more time near the start up point of the engine and wear happens most when you first turn on the engine.

Of course that doesn't happen with an electric so it wouldn't matter for longevity whether you drove 10 Km a day or 100 Km a day.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree