Lindsey Graham is out of the race

Lindsey Graham is out of the race

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
21 Dec 15

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/lindsey-graham-drops-out-of-2016-race-144556467.html

So who will I vote for now? 😛

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
21 Dec 15

Originally posted by whodey
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/lindsey-graham-drops-out-of-2016-race-144556467.html

So who will I vote for now? 😛
And this has to do with science how?

K

Germany

Moves
21 Dec 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
Science can explain how abuse of alcohol affects the brain, which in turn may lead to someone opening a thread in the wrong sub-forum.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
21 Dec 15

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Science can explain how abuse of alcohol affects the brain, which in turn may lead to someone opening a thread in the wrong sub-forum.
Very true!

w

Moves
21 Dec 15
2 edits

I'm looking for that GOP candidate that will save us from the evil GOP climate haters.

We need carbon taxes to save us. Doesn't the GOP know that if we can all afford to heat and cool our homes and drive our cars and fly on planes when we want to that the world will end?

Now that Linsdey is out of the race, who can save mother earth?

w

Moves
21 Dec 15

One thing has always puzzled me about global warming. Science is what is causing global warming. After all, the technology to convert fossil fuels is the villian here. Why then do we turn to science for the solution?

K

Germany

Moves
21 Dec 15

One thing has always puzzled me about global warming. Science is what is causing global warming. After all, the technology to convert fossil fuels is the villian here. Why then do we turn to science for the solution?
Good one, whodey. Just when I thought you have asked the most inane question in the history of the Universe, you come up with a gem like this.

w

Moves
21 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Good one, whodey. Just when I thought you have asked the most inane question in the history of the Universe, you come up with a gem like this.
Won't science save us now that it has doomed us? 😲

It's the left's war against science

h

Moves
21 Dec 15

What else would we do about global warming if not turn to science? Kill sacrificial goats? Start praying?

Cape Town

Moves
22 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by humy
What else would we do about global warming if not turn to science? Kill sacrificial goats? Start praying?
You could ask whodey for whatever cocktail he is on. (warning, you might start getting hallucinations in which you see leftists everywhere.)

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
22 Dec 15

Here is one example where science is providing answers:

http://phys.org/news/2015-12-kind-mof-coal-power.html

Reducing the amount of CO2 by capturing the carbon in the process of burning coal, or any other fossil fuel.

There are literally thousands of such programs going on right now, from solar powered hydrogen generators, which are up to 24% conversion to hydrogen from solar right now.

http://phys.org/news/2015-12-solar-powered-hydrogen-production-efficiency.html

So it is not panic time just yet. Come back in 20 years, maybe you can work yourself into a panic then.

Cape Town

Moves
22 Dec 15

There are literally thousands of such programs going on right now, from solar powered hydrogen generators, which are up to 24% conversion to hydrogen from solar right now.
Seriously now, the whole 'hydrogen fuel' thing was a fossil fuels industry scam from the very start (and still is).

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
22 Dec 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
Seriously now, the whole 'hydrogen fuel' thing was a fossil fuels industry scam from the very start (and still is).
I know you don't want transportation to be big business but we are stuck with it.

You do know hydrogen has a number of advantages and the whole point is to get us off the tit of fossil fuels.

Hydrogen right now may not be as viable as electric but science does march on and these new metal-organic matrices may be one answer as to getting H2 concentrated enough to equal petrol as far as distance goes.

Storing H2 in a solid is certainly much safer than pressurized gas or liquid form, both having serious problems mechanically, to say nothing of safety.

I think the problems with H2 will be solved and we will see an infrastructure similar to petrol, filling stations that force gaseous H2 into a solid state storage and still giving us 500 Km range.

You can use H2 in a regular internal combustion engine or through a fuel cell to an electric motor so I don't see the problem.

K

Germany

Moves
22 Dec 15

I know you don't want transportation to be big business but we are stuck with it.

You do know hydrogen has a number of advantages and the whole point is to get us off the tit of fossil fuels.

Hydrogen right now may not be as viable as electric but science does march on and these new metal-organic matrices may be one answer as to getting H2 concentrat ...[text shortened]... ternal combustion engine or through a fuel cell to an electric motor so I don't see the problem.
With the recent advances in energy density of batteries it doesn't look like hydrogen fuel is going anywhere. It is much less efficient than electric cars - the only advantage is that you can get a larger range. But it is this advantage that has been rapidly shrinking over the last decade or three. In 50 years' time most cars will be electric.

w

Moves
22 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by humy
Live like the Amish. Distance yourself from the evils of science and return to the horse and buggy.

Save our world!! 😲