Lions vs Elephants

Lions vs Elephants

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n

Moves
14 Jul 08

Originally posted by nihilismor

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM
I am not sure if you all missed this (which I posted earlier in the thread) or just ignored it because it lacked elephants, but the animal behavior is fascinating.

I am not sure but I am willing to guess that there aren't more than a handful of calves as lucky as this one.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Jul 08

Originally posted by nihilismor
I am not sure if you all missed this (which I posted earlier in the thread) or just ignored it because it lacked elephants, but the animal behavior is fascinating.

I am not sure but I am willing to guess that there aren't more than a handful of calves as lucky as this one.
Indeed. I wonder what shape the calf was in after mauling by those lions. It walked away but did anyone follow up to see if it survived the wounds? Great Video for sure.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
17 Jul 08
1 edit

I'm surprised by how little violent movement takes place in most of these beast-on-beast battles. For example, lion leaps up and clings to the elephant's back...lions jogging and taking relaxed looking swipes at it's butt...I guess true berserk rages are rare among the animals.

This one's an exception:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oHDeNjwntKM&feature=related

X

Moves
29 Jul 08

i think the lion would win the fight