Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Science Forum

Science Forum

  1. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    15 May '14 17:00
    http://phys.org/news/2014-05-radar-images-uncover-remarkable-features.html

    Jeez, it just gets better and better, eh!
  2. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    15 May '14 21:16
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://phys.org/news/2014-05-radar-images-uncover-remarkable-features.html

    Jeez, it just gets better and better, eh!
    I guess we will just have to wait until they gether all the facts and it all gets interpreted from both worldviews.
  3. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    15 May '14 21:41
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I guess we will just have to wait until they gether all the facts and it all gets interpreted from both worldviews.
    So you can't just look at the spatter coming off those craters and maybe say to yourself, that is a BIG hit? You have to wait for YEC 'experts' to tell you they are fake?

    You REALLY need to exercise your OWN brain YOURSELF for a change.
  4. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    16 May '14 02:11
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you can't just look at the spatter coming off those craters and maybe say to yourself, that is a BIG hit? You have to wait for YEC 'experts' to tell you they are fake?

    You REALLY need to exercise your OWN brain YOURSELF for a change.
    No, I can't. I am not a spatter expert or a geologist. I am just a normal person that can use reason and logic. I need the explanations from both side to use my logic and reason to determine what make the best sense.
  5. 16 May '14 10:05
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    No, I can't. I am not a spatter expert or a geologist. I am just a normal person that can use reason and logic. I need the explanations from both side to use my logic and reason to determine what make the best sense.
    You're but a pawn.
  6. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    16 May '14 10:46
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    No, I can't. I am not a spatter expert or a geologist. I am just a normal person that can use reason and logic. I need the explanations from both side to use my logic and reason to determine what make the best sense.
    Jebezus, when you take a frigging rock and throw it at at sandpile what do you see? It doesn't take a frigging rocket scientist to see what happens on a small scale like that, you run the stuff out in stringers for god's sake.

    Exactly WHAT is the problem just running the scale up a few thousand times and seeing what happens then?

    What do you see that would happen on miles wide scale that would not happen on inches scale?

    The physics is the same, except of course for the incredible energies involved flinging a mt Everest into the moon at 40,000 miles per hour.

    Of COURSE you are going to see splatter. What is wrong with you that you cannot even visualize THAT much?
  7. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    16 May '14 18:44
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Jebezus, when you take a frigging rock and throw it at at sandpile what do you see? It doesn't take a frigging rocket scientist to see what happens on a small scale like that, you run the stuff out in stringers for god's sake.

    Exactly WHAT is the problem just running the scale up a few thousand times and seeing what happens then?

    What do you see that ...[text shortened]... you are going to see splatter. What is wrong with you that you cannot even visualize THAT much?
    I see no point in wasting my time with it, when we don't even know if a mountain size meteor ever hit the earth. The craters could have been caused by erupting volcanos, like the Mount St. Helens Crater created in 1980.
  8. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    16 May '14 19:30
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I see no point in wasting my time with it, when we don't even know if a mountain size meteor ever hit the earth. The craters could have been caused by erupting volcanos, like the Mount St. Helens Crater created in 1980.
    Well of course you would rationalize it all away just by denying the existence of mountain sized meteors and meteorites.

    I can say for CERTAIN we have been hit. Do you think the hits on the moon, only a quarter million miles from Earth somehow deflected all that incoming from hitting Earth? Don't be crazy, SOME OF THAT SHYTE HIT EARTH, 100% for sure. We don't see much SURFACE damage left over because of weather, erosion, earthquakes and so forth, none of that is on the moon so the moon is a record book of all the hits that happened near Earth.

    You really need to get out more.
  9. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    16 May '14 20:16
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well of course you would rationalize it all away just by denying the existence of mountain sized meteors and meteorites.

    I can say for CERTAIN we have been hit. Do you think the hits on the moon, only a quarter million miles from Earth somehow deflected all that incoming from hitting Earth? Don't be crazy, SOME OF THAT SHYTE HIT EARTH, 100% for sure. We ...[text shortened]... n is a record book of all the hits that happened near Earth.

    You really need to get out more.
    The moon has many craters as well as lava refilled craters. Some of these craters could have been caused by meteors hitting the moon since we have seen it happen. However, the moon is still there and appears round in shape and the moon is much smaller than the earth.

    Meteors have also hit the earth, but the meteor has to get past all the other planets and our moon, and then it has to get through our atmosphere before burning up. I believe that means that any meteor that hits the earth will most likely be much smaller than those hitting the moon. I think that makes a mountain size meteor hitting the earth very unlikely.

    I believe the big craters on the earth are not made by impact, but by erupting volcanos like the crater formed at Mount St. Helens in 1980.
  10. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    16 May '14 21:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The moon has many craters as well as lava refilled craters. Some of these craters could have been caused by meteors hitting the moon since we have seen it happen. However, the moon is still there and appears round in shape and the moon is much smaller than the earth.

    Meteors have also hit the earth, but the meteor has to get past all the other planets a ...[text shortened]... not made by impact, but by erupting volcanos like the crater formed at Mount St. Helens in 1980.
    It doesn't matter what you believe, fortunately. You cannot abide humans learning things about the universe, pure and simple. The more we know the further back in time you and your ilk get.