Magnetic superatoms, common electron orbit!:

Magnetic superatoms, common electron orbit!:

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
22 Mar 13

They claim this new configuration of atoms has electrons that orbit the entire cluster, something like 8 atoms and is stable. It will be useful for the coming age of spintronics.

h

Moves
22 Mar 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
They claim this new configuration of atoms has electrons that orbit the entire cluster, something like 8 atoms and is stable. It will be useful for the coming age of spintronics.
You forgot to give the link.
I think the link you refer to is probably:

http://phys.org/news/2013-03-evidence-magnetic-superatoms-doors-electronics.html

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
22 Mar 13
5 edits

qOriginally posted by humy
You forgot to give the link.
I think the link you refer to is probably:

http://phys.org/news/2013-03-evidence-magnetic-superatoms-doors-electronics.html
Picky picky🙂 I was at work, latest project, we have a large air compressor for the production floor but turn it off at night, forcing the thin film guys, me and 2 Phd's, to use a small compressor to run two sputtering tools.

So I got one and someone thought it pooped out so we got another only to find the old one was fine. So I put the output air of them both to a T coupler and ran that to the machines but it was a pain in the butt to balance the pressures and get the duty cycle to even out.

Today I got the idea to make it like one large compressor with two motors, I pulled out one regulator and one overpressure valve and connected the two holes together with a hose and that made the two air tanks one big tank. Then I took the output of one of the pressure switches and piped it over to the other motor so that one switch ran both compressors at once.

It is a much better unit now, like one 2 hp unit with over 5 CFM volume and a 12 gallon tank instead of 2 each 1 hp unit with 2 1/2 CFM and two 6 gallon tanks. They both operate on and off as one now and now only one regulator controls the output pressure instead of two always fighting each other. It was very time consuming to get the duty cycles balanced to where there was say 20% duty cycle on one and 20 on the other. Now they automatically are equalized.

I lost a game that way, was pooped from work between yesterday and today, noticed just after I moved my queen I moved it right into a fork. Sigh. I don't usually do that but work comes first, eh. So I was busy! I am losing track of the number of projects and designs I have worked up in the past year.