Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Science Forum

Science Forum

  1. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    17 May '12 04:30
    Dear Math,
    I am sick and tired of finding your "x."
    Just accept the fact that she is gone.
    Move on, dude.
  2. 17 May '12 04:48
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Dear Math,
    I am sick and tired of finding your "x."
    Just accept the fact that she is gone.
    Move on, dude.
    y?
  3. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    17 May '12 09:19
    Originally posted by JS357
    y?
    -
    Y?
  4. 17 May '12 10:48
    zzz
  5. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    17 May '12 12:33 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    zzz
    Shouldn't that be z^3?
  6. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    17 May '12 14:14
    Perhaps Math should be looking for his lost S instead.
  7. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    17 May '12 18:46
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Perhaps Math should be looking for his lost S instead.
    How many g's would he need to do that?
  8. Standard member mikelom
    Ajarn
    22 May '12 16:31
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    How many g's would he need to do that?
    That depends upon how integral your question is.

    I'd simply ask for a proof from my first principal, bstd he was, to develop the g's needed for him to extrapolate a differenciation.

    -m.
  9. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    22 May '12 23:29
    Originally posted by mikelom
    That depends upon how integral your question is.

    I'd simply ask for a proof from my first principal, bstd he was, to develop the g's needed for him to extrapolate a differenciation.

    -m.
    Just remember, students, Don't drink and derive....
  10. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    23 May '12 07:14
    I suppose this thread's too clever for the General Forum.
  11. 23 May '12 18:08
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I suppose this thread's too clever for the General Forum.
    Actually, anyone who really knows Math, knows how Math really loved the mystery of the unknown; a mystery that x provided. By figuring out x, it was the mystery of x, that was lost.

    Fortunately, x is back, having bringing Math the Happy End Problem.

    http://mathworld.wolfram.com/HappyEndProblem.html

    This leaves Math thinking, "Huh?"
  12. 24 May '12 10:59
    Originally posted by JS357
    Fortunately, x is back, having bringing Math the Happy End Problem.

    http://mathworld.wolfram.com/HappyEndProblem.html

    This leaves Math thinking, "Huh?"
    Massage parlour maths?

    Richard
  13. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    28 May '12 00:11
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Massage parlour maths?

    Richard
    You scratch my polygon, I'll scratch yours.