1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Oct '16 00:19
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Here is one argument against black holes.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/macho-black-holes-dark-matter-problem-2016-8
    One potential problem I see with Macho's is this: if they formed in the first few seconds of the BB what would have prevented them from just being attracted to each other and just be one big black or a smaller number of bigger black holes which would have reduced the overall number to a number that would not be enough to be the distribution we see today.
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    14 Oct '16 00:51
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    One potential problem I see with Macho's is this: if they formed in the first few seconds of the BB what would have prevented them from just being attracted to each other and just be one big black or a smaller number of bigger black holes which would have reduced the overall number to a number that would not be enough to be the distribution we see today.
    Why did that not happen to luminous matter?
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Oct '16 06:02
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It depends on the size and when exactly they are supposed to have formed. During inflation the universe expanded very rapidly so gravity really wasn't a factor ie objects just didn't have time to merge. How inflation would affect black holes might be interesting.
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    14 Oct '16 20:49
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It depends on the size and when exactly they are supposed to have formed. During inflation the universe expanded very rapidly so gravity really wasn't a factor ie objects just didn't have time to merge. How inflation would affect black holes might be interesting.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Sitter%E2%80%93Schwarzschild_metric

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree