1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    31 Aug '09 17:32
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8226075.stm

    I can't wait until the moon hoaxers pick up on this one. Of course it could be genuine and be an actual petrified wood sample brought back from the moon......
  2. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    16907
    31 Aug '09 23:34
    Shattered my faith in television
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    01 Sep '09 04:23
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Shattered my faith in television
    I was lucky enough to have held a genuine moon rock in my hand at Goddard Space Flight Center, I worked on the Apollo ATT, Apollo Tracking and Timing, (transponder that measured the distance to the Apollo's and atomic clocks). It would be hard to miss a a petrified wood specimen. I guess nobody looked closely at it.
  4. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    4689
    01 Sep '09 05:17
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I was lucky enough to have held a genuine moon rock in my hand at Goddard Space Flight Center, I worked on the Apollo ATT, Apollo Tracking and Timing, (transponder that measured the distance to the Apollo's and atomic clocks). It would be hard to miss a a petrified wood specimen. I guess nobody looked closely at it.
    You're in on the hoax, aren't you? Talk about getting caught red-handed only 40 years after the fact.

    HA!
  5. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    16907
    01 Sep '09 16:01
    Originally posted by Jigtie
    You're in on the hoax, aren't you? Talk about getting caught red-handed only 40 years after the fact.

    HA!
    Yep, it casts doubt on everything else sonhouse says, too. He's part of one of history's most significant deceptions.
  6. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    02 Sep '09 09:03
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Yep, it casts doubt on everything else sonhouse says, too. He's part of one of history's most significant deceptions.
    "Most significant deception"? Apart from the entertainment value, what impact would finding out that the moon landings were a hoax have? Would it be more significant than say the various deceptions that were carried out during major wars? Would it be more significant than some of the deceptions carried out by various presidents? I certainly wouldn't come close to some of the major religions, but whether you choose to call those deceptions is debatable.
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    16907
    02 Sep '09 18:00
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    "Most significant deception"? Apart from the entertainment value, what impact would finding out that the moon landings were a hoax have? Would it be more significant than say the various deceptions that were carried out during major wars? Would it be more significant than some of the deceptions carried out by various presidents? I certainly wouldn't come ...[text shortened]... to some of the major religions, but whether you choose to call those deceptions is debatable.
    The number of people that had to be in on the moon landing hoax, and the length of time they needed to continue to lie, makes the hoax larger in important respects than the aliens hidden near Roswell, the saboteur that took out the USS Maine so McKinley could take us to war, and even the location of the Holy Grail.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    02 Sep '09 18:41
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    The number of people that had to be in on the moon landing hoax, and the length of time they needed to continue to lie, makes the hoax larger in important respects than the aliens hidden near Roswell, the saboteur that took out the USS Maine so McKinley could take us to war, and even the location of the Holy Grail.
    Don't forget Pearl Harbor, Roosie knew all about it........
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    02 Sep '09 18:41
    Originally posted by Jigtie
    You're in on the hoax, aren't you? Talk about getting caught red-handed only 40 years after the fact.

    HA!
    It was a real byitch getting that rock out of Goddard undetected.....
  10. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    767
    04 Sep '09 23:30
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I was lucky enough to have held a genuine moon rock in my hand at Goddard Space Flight Center, I worked on the Apollo ATT, Apollo Tracking and Timing, (transponder that measured the distance to the Apollo's and atomic clocks). It would be hard to miss a a petrified wood specimen. I guess nobody looked closely at it.
    Actually a piece of petrified wood could have been picked up off the lunar surface. We get mars rocks here so the moon could surely get an occasional earth rock that was blasted into space by meteor impacts. Do they want to return the rock for a new one?
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    05 Sep '09 01:131 edit
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Actually a piece of petrified wood could have been picked up off the lunar surface. We get mars rocks here so the moon could surely get an occasional earth rock that was blasted into space by meteor impacts. Do they want to return the rock for a new one?
    If something like that was genuine it would have made headlines when it was found, a storm would be brewing amongst geologists and planetary scientists trying to figure out where on earth it came from, what year, etc.
    To bad it was a goof, accidental or otherwise. As relatively easy it is for rocks to be blasted off the lunar surface by meteorites or asteroid or comet strikes, lunar gravity being 1/6 th that of earth and the earth having a much larger gravitational attraction volume, a lot of material would have ended up on earth but the other way round, 6 times the initial escape velocity plus atmospheric drag plus the smaller volumetric gravity well of the moon would have made it at least ten times less likely to find earth rocks on the moon, but no doubt they are there but geologists would have to pick around on the moon for years, maybe decades before such a find was discovered. Eventually they might even find fossil lifeforms like bacteria blasted from earth.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148591
    09 Sep '09 13:581 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    "Most significant deception"? Apart from the entertainment value, what impact would finding out that the moon landings were a hoax have? Would it be more significant than say the various deceptions that were carried out during major wars? Would it be more significant than some of the deceptions carried out by various presidents? I certainly wouldn't come ...[text shortened]... to some of the major religions, but whether you choose to call those deceptions is debatable.
    You ever watch Myth busters? They did a show on the moon landing
    hoax, they took all the major things that people use and showed that
    on the moon this is exactly what would happen. It seemed like they
    proved it occured well over the fact that TV and a million people would
    have to be in on a hoax.
    Kelly
Back to Top