Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Science Forum

Science Forum

  1. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    12 Aug '17 11:51
    https://phys.org/news/2017-08-ultrathin-semiconductor-materials-silicon-secret.html

    New materials able to make transistors 7 ANGSTROMS wide!

    Also makes oxides like silicon so easy isolation insulator layers.

    3 atoms thick. That is something!
  2. 12 Aug '17 17:02
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    https://phys.org/
    Yes, but do you have a citation from a credible source?
  3. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    12 Aug '17 17:06
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    Yes, but do you have a citation from a credible source?
    You doubt the science work at STANFORD?

    Did you look at the link on the bottom of the page:

    ore information: "HfSe2 and ZrSe2: Two-dimensional semiconductors with native high-κ oxides" Science Advances (2017). http://advances.sciencemag.org/content/3/8/e1700481 DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.1700481

    Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2017-08-ultrathin-semiconductor-materials-silicon-secret.html#jCp
  4. 12 Aug '17 17:45
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    [b]You doubt the science work at STANFORD? /b]
    No, I doubt Phyzzog could quote them correctly once if they tried thrice in a row.
  5. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    12 Aug '17 18:03
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    No, I doubt Phyzzog could quote them correctly once if they tried thrice in a row.
    And yet, without direct quotes, the site was able to accurately describe exactly what is being heralded by Stanford labs.
    Weird, huh.
  6. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    14 Aug '17 11:34
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    And yet, without direct quotes, the site was able to accurately describe exactly what is being heralded by Stanford labs.
    Weird, huh.
    Another anti-science post from the treasonous Freak. You have SUCH street cred here.