1. Standard memberMammy Blue
    Delicious Monster...
    Joined
    17 Sep '10
    Moves
    47436
    10 Sep '15 13:48
    Another discovery and naming of a human species helps the unravelling of our development and evolution.

    http://ewn.co.za/2015/09/10/New-species-Homo-naledi-revealed-as-historic-discovery-made-in-SA
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    625
    10 Sep '15 14:505 edits
    Originally posted by Mammy Blue
    Another discovery and naming of a human species helps the unravelling of our development and evolution.

    http://ewn.co.za/2015/09/10/New-species-Homo-naledi-revealed-as-historic-discovery-made-in-SA
    Why, as the link says, it is "The top secret historic fossil discovery " and "Details of the significant fossil discovery have been kept secret for years"? Why was it kept a "secret"?
    Were they afraid that some stupid creationist fundamentalist religious nuts might come along to deliberately destroy the evidence or harm/kill the scientists in revenge for them finding and looking at the evidence?
    If so, I understand.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    10 Sep '15 20:44
    Originally posted by humy
    Why, as the link says, it is "The [b]top secret historic fossil discovery " and "Details of the significant fossil discovery have been kept secret for years"? Why was it kept a "secret"?
    Were they afraid that some stupid creationist fundamentalist religious nuts might come along to deliberately destroy the evidence or harm/kill the scientists in revenge for them finding and looking at the evidence?
    If so, I understand.[/b]
    Here is a better article about this discovery:

    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/09/150910-human-evolution-change/
  4. Standard memberMammy Blue
    Delicious Monster...
    Joined
    17 Sep '10
    Moves
    47436
    11 Sep '15 07:19
    Originally posted by humy
    Why, as the link says, it is "The [b]top secret historic fossil discovery " and "Details of the significant fossil discovery have been kept secret for years"? Why was it kept a "secret"?
    Were they afraid that some stupid creationist fundamentalist religious nuts might come along to deliberately destroy the evidence or harm/kill the scientists in revenge for them finding and looking at the evidence?
    If so, I understand.[/b]
    In response to the "issue" of secrecy of the project, take a look at this link, with regards to the openness of it all.
    Technology was used to send questions and queries to experts all over the world.
    Interviews were held with school children on other continents.
    http://ewn.co.za/Features/Naledi/Use-of-Tech.
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    625
    11 Sep '15 07:28
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Here is a better article about this discovery:

    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/09/150910-human-evolution-change/
    my god those ancestors of ours look ugly!
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    11 Sep '15 13:42
    Originally posted by humy
    my god those ancestors of ours look ugly!
    Yeah but I bet they could really arm wrestle🙂
Back to Top