1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 10:373 edits
    http://phys.org/news/2013-10-monkey-purrs-cat-species-amazon.html

I think it should be unimaginatively but appropriately named “purring monkey”.

I tried searching the web for a video or at least a sound recording of that purring but so far had no luck.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 17:28
    Originally posted by humy
    http://phys.org/news/2013-10-monkey-purrs-cat-species-amazon.html

I think it should be unimaginatively but appropriately named “purring monkey”.

I tried searching the web for a video or at least a sound recording of that purring but so far had no luck.
    I wonder what would happen if you put one of those purring monkeys in with a purring kitten?
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    28 Oct '13 18:56
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I wonder what would happen if you put one of those purring monkeys in with a purring kitten?
    I bet they would like each others style.
  4. Wat?
    Moves
    30 Oct '13 10:23
    You'd get a purring monkten, of course!

-m. 😉
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Oct '13 12:47
    Originally posted by mikelom
    You'd get a purring monkten, of course!

-m. 😉
    Or a Kitmonk🙂
  6. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    30 Oct '13 14:22
    Or a Kitmonk🙂
    or a pusskey ?
  7. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 13:14
    Originally posted by humy
    or a pusskey ?
    This one, for sure.
  8. Joined
    21 Jun '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 04:29
    I know a woman who had a monkey as a pet. (The cat monkey talk got me going). According to her, having a monkey is like having 3 three-years-olds at the same time. The monkey could reach 'everything'. Since 1970 or so in Sweden we now have legislation against keeping monkeys as pets. I guess now you have to be a 'Michel Jacsson' to have one. Reason was because of decieces that could infect humans, travelling from monkeys to humans.

I in general feel that this monkey is interesting since it has a unique behaviour and therefore could be quite distantly related to other monkeys, kind of a fossile, every one exept this one of specie-group 'monkeys that purrs' are now extinkt.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 11:39
    Originally posted by bikingviking
    I know a woman who had a monkey as a pet. (The cat monkey talk got me going). According to her, having a monkey is like having 3 three-years-olds at the same time. The monkey could reach 'everything'. Since 1970 or so in Sweden we now have legislation against keeping monkeys as pets. I guess now you have to be a 'Michel Jacsson' to have one. Reason was ...[text shortened]... ind of a fossile, every one exept this one of specie-group 'monkeys that purrs' are now extinkt.
    My mom and dad had TWO monkey's, one a chimp and they had to get rid of it after it got to age 4 I think, it started getting violent. Then they got a capucin (Sp)? and they also had a parrot. The monkey found the parrot on the floor and even though it was leashed it had enough rope to get to the bird and removed every feather from the bird's body. The bird died soon after, never getting over the trauma and shock.

That convinced me never to have those awful creatures in my house. I opted for children instead🙂 Mistake?🙂
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Nov '13 19:12
    My mom and dad had TWO monkey's, one a chimp and they had to get rid of it after it got to age 4 I think, it started getting violent. Then they got a capucin (Sp)? and they also had a parrot. The monkey found the parrot on the floor and even though it was leashed it had enough rope to get to the bird and removed every feather from the bird's body. The bird ...[text shortened]... ed me never to have those awful creatures in my house. I opted for children instead🙂 Mistake?🙂
    And you claim them for your relatives. Ha.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree