Moves
    25 Oct '09 16:46
    YouTube&feature=related
  2. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 21:20
    everyone still trying to get through the 45 parts??
  3. Standard memberjoneschr
    Some guy
    Moves
    27 Oct '09 20:36
    Care to summarize for those of us u-tube impaired or lacking the patience to watch a 45-segment video?
  4. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    28 Oct '09 02:55
    Originally posted by joneschr
    Care to summarize for those of us u-tube impaired or lacking the patience to watch a 45-segment video?
    it's explained after the first 3 parts...the rest is just filler.

what, do you have ADD?? Can't even just sit there and watch something?? Hmm, maybe FOX news has some celebrity gossip show on you could watch instead
  5. Standard memberjoneschr
    Some guy
    Moves
    28 Oct '09 03:311 edit
    Or... maybe I was just on a low bandwidth connection...
    That was what I meant by youtube imparied. But, perhaps that was lost on your small mind.
  6. weedhopper
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 16:351 edit
    Originally posted by joneschr
    Or... maybe I was just on a low bandwidth connection...
    That was what I meant by youtube imparied. But, perhaps that was lost on your small mind.
    just ignore him, jones. Rude, bullying, boorish $hithooks are everywhere--sadly, even in THIS forum.

Plus, he's wrong from the first 20 seconds of the video. "I can see it but it doesn't exist." The dot EXISTS. The line EXISTS. The plane EXISTS. Just more metaphysical mumbojumbo crap....might as well read Heideegger, or maybe Kafka, as a source of scientific facts.
  7. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 18:02
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    just ignore him, jones. Rude, bullying, boorish $hithooks are everywhere--sadly, even in THIS forum.

Plus, he's wrong from the first 20 seconds of the video. "I can see it but it doesn't exist." The dot EXISTS. The line EXISTS. The plane EXISTS. Just more metaphysical mumbojumbo crap....might as well read Heideegger, or maybe Kafka, as a source of scientific facts.
    explain how things exist without volume. that was, after all, the point.

jones, added the part about not wanting to watch 45 parts. If this didn't pertain to him, he shouldn't have added it. He came across of most of the ADD afflicted types in here who want everything summarized for them in short 5 word sentences rather than investing time and brain cells to something other than tits and fart jokes.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 21:38
    Originally posted by uzless
    explain how things exist without volume. that was, after all, the point.

jones, added the part about not wanting to watch 45 parts. If this didn't pertain to him, he shouldn't have added it. He came across of most of the ADD afflicted types in here who want everything summarized for them in short 5 word sentences rather than investing time and brain cells to something other than tits and fart jokes.
    The thing about Hassim's theory is, I don't see any predictions. Without predictions, that is to say falsifiability as old Popper would say, there is only words, nothing to back up the ideas. The idea of totally symmetrical underpinnings of space, it's a beautiful concept but that geometrical approach is not the only one in town. There is another and I think much more rigorous work using the concept of 'space atoms', I will have to dig up a reference which has all the stuff of the universe in a very small volume of space before the big bang and it all came out at the big bang and started up our universe. Hassim also scoffs at dark matter but more and more evidence is pointing to the real existence of the stuff. If dark matter actually exists, then his theory would be weakened quite a bit.
  9. weedhopper
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 21:011 edit
    Originally posted by uzless
    [b]explain how things exist without volume. that was, after all, the point.
    Then "his point" was mucked up from the start. Many "Things" exist without volume: dots, lines, ideas, pleasant thoughts of a world devoid of arrogant people, the warm feeling one gets when dreaming of the execution of bullies, .....
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 21:08
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Then "his point" was mucked up from the start. Many "Things" exist without volume: dots, lines, ideas, pleasant thoughts of a world devoid of arrogant people, the warm feeling one gets when dreaming of the execution of bullies, .....
    You must have been bullied a lot when you were a tyke, eh. This fixation on bullying comes up time after time with you🙂 No disrespect intended.
  11. weedhopper
    Moves
    03 Nov '09 22:301 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You must have been bullied a lot when you were a tyke, eh. This fixation on bullying comes up time after time with you🙂 No disrespect intended.
    No, but I witnessed a great deal of it (and still do to this day) and tried to stop every instance. No disrespect intended or taken.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree