Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 19:56
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 20:24
    Mr. Burns calls general relativity theory "the crowning achievement of science."

That may be, but there are some scientists who would go with quantum theory (circa 1925), or the Standard Model of particles, and some are pulling for string theory to get there. 😉
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 22:17
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    Mr. Burns calls general relativity theory "the crowning achievement of science."

That may be, but there are some scientists who would go with quantum theory (circa 1925), or the Standard Model of particles, and some are pulling for string theory to get there. 😉
    Relativity is still proven to several more significant digits than quantum theory, and more elegant. Don't scoff - elegance, in science, is often a subconscious measure of truth.
    As for string theory - don't make me laugh. Come up with some evidence, first. As long as you can't, string theory is in the same cupboard as choropraxy - not quite as nutters as homæopathy or economics, but it doesn't count as proper science, either.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree